Draksar Forerunner

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Centuros, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

What is this guy supposed to do besides Detect?
    He has ranged immunity and 8 speed, yes, but he barely has enough damage to justify spending 3 AP on an attack, and is squishy in melee due to no defense or regen.
    And Violent (the only way to make him deal real damage) is on the same path as all of the utility that makes him anything more than just another dude who stabs your enemy in the face.

2. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

#1: Run fonts.

#2: Potentially enable a powerturn of sorts.

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Well he is a good designed rune. Fills a role and adds to other rolls.
    If his design were to be "refined" then "camouflage" and "Violent" should be removed because those add to cost and are just fillers..

Instead of "Violent" imo he could have another "combo attack: " ability.

4. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Violent is actually cheaper than the other two upgrade options, so there's that.

5. Kampel

Well in my example i removed camouflage and didnt replace that with another base ability so you would have that nora compensation allowing him to have 3 cool upgrades without suffering on his cost.

That upgrade path could go:

Combo attack: Stun
    Combo attack: Declare Target
    Pin Down

Because Forerunner has low Dmg, those 3 abilities would only work as support against those rushing beaters or for the powerturns on champeons whith low defence.

With this small tweak this champeon would be perfect for his design and completely balanced.

I will add this to my list of SL changes and will show to devs when the time comes.

6. Kampel

When Draconic Benediction and Quickenning get completely changed this champeon will become a very good option for draksars

7. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Combo attack stun seems like an unnecessary attempt to make him stronger in an area he doesn't need the strength.

If you want to lock down you've got pin down.

Besides combo attack stun in a faction with quicken and quickening seems like a bad idea.

8. Kampel

Thats why i sayd "when draconic benediction and quickenning get completely changed.." and even after that, who would use "Quicken" on a 6 dmg champ just for the stun. lol..