Draksar probably need a nerf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Strings, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sorry Burn. Atm, Draksar can field a BG of 60-65 nora champs with regen lvl 3 and escalating damage, with a multitude of utility abilities to choose from. They back this up with the best power turns in game, global buffs and no real weakness.

I think the main offenders are the Draksar Lord with guarded and the ability Violent. I pick on these two as I feel no other champs stand out as OMG strong, but rather are all very efficient and this in itself should not be a nerf target IMO.

The Draksar Lord is a massive meat shield that is almost impossible to one turn due to def, bonus and HP pool. Guarded means the range sitting behind him will wipe you out after you failed at one turning him. All the time he is adding more HP and dmg via command so is hard to ignore. I think guarded should be removed and he should be left with just Bulwark.

Violent turns mid range damage units into big hitters. This might be OK every now and then, but in combo with Draksars 60-65 nora tanky (for their cost) champs that they can flood the board with, it presents a real problem. While I can point to this as a problem I do not really know what a solution might be.

Another minor issue is cheap regen on cheap champs over and over again, but while this should be kept an eye on I do not think it needs to be addressed now.

What are other peoples thoughts on Draksars? Would you say this is accurate?

claydude5 likes this.
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Accurate? Yes. Have become problematic with Regen and Fury being cheaper? Yes.
    You missed Channeled Violence there, though.

Alakhami likes this.
  3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You've confused me, which upgrade are you seeing on Draksar Lord, Violent or Guarded? He can't have both. Also, what are you seeing as mid range champs? Most Draksar with violent are melee, a few are 1-2.

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

lol

limited superstar mw24 would disagree

anyway your problematic champs are Marine and Constrictor (cuz it's broke, don't care how you flip it you shouldn't proc Fury off your champs) and to a lesser extent, Dlord. But ironically not for Guarded, for the rest. That stuff is currently looked at in the great battlemaster/commander/whatever thread and should change somewhere down the line.

But really what you're whining about is a decent deck that got -5 nora across the board in the last 2 patches (before this one). And for some reason NOW it raises eyebrows. I guess if the midterm was a Skeez or something we would be discussing how op the new General is or how Skeez are busted as a whole.

Also, YES WE NOTICED CV MIGHT BE OP, WE GOT IT.

tldr: nerf Marine and Constrictor. Take a look at Dlord. Rethink that last Violent discount. FOR THE LOVE OF PEDEGUERRA PLEASE LOOK AT CV. Hurry up on that Battlemaster+ retool. l2play and git gud.

Jesus Christ I can't wait for the patch where Varu Howler will be the only champ worth playing.

SIXTY NORA FOR THEM STATS 1-2 AURA3 DO SOMETHING

Oh and I forgot. I saw people include Morph in their bg, must mean it's too good. Might want to take a look at that as well.

And plz, don't forget about CV.

We must not forget about CV.

Last edited by a moderator: 33 minutes ago

good job

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    Flyingfinn, Qucas, Pedeguerra and 6 others like this.
  5. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

i think you forgot about cv

TheBulwark likes this.
  6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

You mention problematic Drakkies but fail to mention the most bestest of them all!

I demand dunewalker hate! He cna teleport anything anywhere.

For shame jib. I really expected better from you.

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I kept Dunewalking Locust under wraps for now.

It will be the SL savior once CHANNELED VIOLENCE is nerfed.

Qucas, JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

These nerf threads need to stop pick runes specifically that are causing the problems list changes or don't post at all. Nerfing every rune then them getting buffed is getting super Firking old it's been done for years. Maybe look at quickening and quicken @Sokolov sl players have wanted this looked at for years. Also i think what makes draksar so strong is rocketeer and psion sitting behind all those meat regen champs. Draksar were complained about back when draksar archers had fury, big range in a theme filled with cheap meat shields has always been an issue with draksars.

The issue isn't draksar as a whole so let's look at the problematic runes instead.

9. Nizzer11

Nizzer11 Well-Known Member

This whole SL crew. They are the modern feminists of PoxNora.

Always the victim. Always oppressed. Say a thing about SL and always get a disproportionate response. Always the most vocal. Going way past the point of anyone wanting to listen to them but never noticing because they are so self important.

Give it a rest already.

Jib likes this.
  10. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I want to frame this

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  11. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Jib you look
    He said Draksar lords with guarded, and violent in general

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You're reading a different response than what I'm seeing. I see SL players saying there are problems, that Marine and Constrictor are broken, Marine for cost and Constrictor because Auras are triggering Fury on friendly champs when the description says otherwise.

13. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Rocketeer is pretty bad due to being cheap as hell long range, which is the exact reason drakky archer got nerfed.

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Nizzer

that's not close to offensive

15. Strings

Draksar Lord is not an issue with violent. The ranged units (rocket) and cheap melee units (constrictor being a major example, but even without her aura I feel its an issue).

16. Strings

You know, things do change. One day broken bones might actually be nerf worthy. At the end of the day "this rune used to suck" is a poor argument and derails any point you might actually want to make.

chris0024 likes this.
  17. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Reduce CV aoe to 2 and fix that terrible aura bug on constrictor.

It's amusing to get him to 50 damage in a real match. For the first time. After that it's a cheap Firking trick which should make you feel bad for using it.

DarkJello likes this.
  18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The bug is actually with Fury, not with Constrictor. It's just noticeable on Constrictor because it has a built in aura. Fury states that it is triggered off damage to enemies, but is triggering on all damage.

Sealer0 likes this.
  19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, we'll get Fury dealt with first, and then see what is up with Drakmaster B's homies.

Qucas, mortal ix, soulmilk and 2 others like this.
  20. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Sentence #1 answers sentence #2, presuming your statement of decreased nora is accurate. U b Velkomm.