Drums of War, my idea

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bambino, Aug 5, 2015.

1. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

greetings all,
    I have to take a safety class at work ,8 hrs :( , can barely stay awake, so I will use my time more constructively . in this post I will share my thoughts on DoW,
    I believe DoW is important to pox , as players need something to do aside from rank, after a few matches. its like meh,,, something to
    fight for, put your alliance, fac , and name in lights..get players playing, (grinding)and hopefully (semi) swearing allegiance,, not necessarily to a fac but an alliance, (prot vs wrath)..
    I know this probably will not be applied, and is full of flaws , but nevertheless I will try.
    I will attempt to break this up into 4 parts as not to bore u all to death,,
    everything is debatable and open ended,
    if u have anything to add , takeaway , comment or crit, feel free,, in fact I insist..
    here goes:
    Part 1: The BattleMap
    the battlemap is everything, from this page one can see whos winning the war prot/wrath and which individual fac is leading the charge and perhaps which individuals are contributing the most towards their fac... mental paintbrushes out please:
    Consider a map, the 4 prot towns spread across the top and the same with wrath on the bottem. the cities represented by cool lil icons,,
    Exactly in the center of the map would be an icon called the Battlefield, (clickable, enter a match), above and below the battlefield would be an icon , one representing the prot Fort, and one representing the wrath fort. These forts would be locked, for now.

Part 2 Drums of Wars, winning the war:
    ok, so now we have a map,(easy part done), now it gets fuzzy,, but heres what I have in mind, on requirements to win the war..
    there can be 2 ways to win the war,
    timed or conquered, ,,timed would be whichever alliance has more Points by the end of the scheduled cycle, (more on cycles later). The other victory condition would be to conquer the other alliance,...numbers are for illustrations purposes only,,heres how its done..
    the battlefield is worth 10000 points,
    the forts are worth 15000
    towns are worth 5000.
    when a player clicks on the battlefield , you will be put in match
    vs someone of the other alliance (I know this can be problematic). the winner would receive say 30 pts and the loser say 10 pts. this will continue until one alliance has won the battlefield, by getting 10000pts,,
    so lets say wrath has gotten over the 10000 mark,, in this moment the prot fort will unlock and be able to be attacked by wrath players, perhaps bigger pay or rewards then battlefield combat, and maybe a certain rank is required to attack forts as well,,, once the wrath team has reached the 15000 pts needed to destroy fort, then cities wiil be open for attack, maybe giving even bigger rewards/rank then the Fort. once each cities has been defeated the dow ends.
    Part 3 :Cycles, Rewards, Rank,..
    A cycle can last 3 months, with a 1 week break at the end of each cycle , that week can be used for card release? major patches? rewards? news? etc..this would be exactly 1 year, 4 cycles a year..
    rewards..I wont even attempt rewards. but I will throw out some categories
    -winning alliance,
    -most contributing faction, 1 for each alliance,
    -most contributing player overall
    -most contributing player within each fac, so u can have say, ST player champ and he can hold that title till the end of next cycle,but ranks below PC still fluctuate through the war.. etc etc...
    Part 4: Problems, conficts..
    so by now im sure there are many problems to be pointed out, but there are 2 that really jump out at me.
    1...prot vs wrath matchups,, already small enough pop, could have problems finding steady opponents,,
    2...a military style rank system is what id like to see,, yet this format gives even losing player rank points ,(allowing him to spend/receive rewards as well, intended to induce particapation) so enough grinding can raise u pretty high, even higher then better players that dont play as often, this could be good or bad i suppose. maybe bonus point for 3
    wins in row as offset etc...

this pretty much sums it up, with all the smaller problems pox has, this may be lofty,, at the same time we have all the stuff, just need the system, pox really needs a new UI, the game graphics itself is not bad,, Its when yer not playing things become noticable.
    we need more then sitting in a lobby, no need to look for the next big thing for pox,, we have it,, Its called Drums of War!!! use it, advertise it!! this is your angle DoG.

thoughts ?

Capitulator likes this.
  2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Love the idea cause I've been trying for DoW to become a major feature since its inception there are so many areas where it can be improved and really change the way this game is competitively played.

Good job for stiring the pot tho, this needs to be adressed constantly, cause it's really being under utalized in every regard.

I'll throw an idea into the mix.

poxnoras lore is so deep and often forgotten about, I think with the help of some players and a guided hand by the greens would could tie together two of the biggest hidden gems in poxnora. The lore and DoW....

Cause no doubt the lore has a direct effect on rune creation, sometimes it's not clear as to why these runes are coming into poxnora. But....If there was direct interaction between the lore and DoW (the world map would play a big part too) wed have a better understanding and more personal feeling towards the runes being released. These factors should have some alternative impact on the game rather than you just being able to play the runes without knowing or caring why they're even there in the first place.

DoW would be the perfect tool to blend these aspects together to form a cohesive story that's interactive and holds weight on the game on a month to month basis.

It's always been a dream of mine but, it always just ends in me rambling on forever. So I'll stop here where I think I've at least made a bit of sense.

3. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

yes. I completely agree on both points,,
    my idea is just an idea, and I dont expect it to be used (hell even read ), but the idea, that dow would change the way this game is played is what its all about,, and as I said we have all the pieces to the game in place , we just need a board to play on.
    as for pox lore,, ive played/read fantasy game/novels my whole life,, and as an ex DM, I would have a field day with pox lore..its rich with races ,magic and myth,, an open canvas, hell im still waiting for PoxNora saturday morning cartoon. lol
    well I guess we'll see.

Karmavore likes this.
  4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

bumping any and all threads about the map

bambino likes this.