Dusk creeper?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Czechmate23, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Czechmate23

Czechmate23 New Member

So it now gives extra range to all undead units inside its range which i feel is pretty fun i have put it in my skely BG and having that extra range on all units along with with it collecting the nora globes as they drop is pretty good support unit

2. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Honestly he seems a little op now, probably shouldn't have soul collection. Cool design concept though!

3. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

With all nerfed FW runes lately, at least some runes got nicely buffed, like dusk creeper and lost queen.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  4. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

That happened to all factions, except KF. But yeah Dusk Creeper isn't game breakingly op or anything (and some runes are), so not that big of a deal.
    I am sad my mutants deck got torn to shreds though (Dusk Creeper was essential, and isn't even a mutant now).

5. Czechmate23

Czechmate23 New Member

same my mutant deck i love the thing so much ever since mutants came out i loved the concept of the things and they look awsome

WraithxxV likes this.
  6. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Yup, but I'm not going to let that get me down on the revamp.
    Plus I bet Dusk Creeper will get mutant back (all creepers should be mutants).

7. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

and all mutants should have "creep" plus expensive mutants should have "creep master" imo.

8. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Or better yet, they should all lose creep and creep master and they could come up with something more interesting and runnable with other units ;)

9. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Creep Master (When this unit or a friendly Mutant within 4 squares destroys an opposing champion with a basic attack, your Shrine Deployment Zone expands by 2 squares. When this unit is destroyed, your Shrine Deployment Zone is reduced by 1 square. This effect does not stack, does not increase the size of the Shrine bonus and cannot decrease the Shrine Deployment Zone below 3.)

Just an idea. Or for maximum absurdity...

Creep Master (Spaces adjacent to this unit are deployment zones for the controller of this unit, but can only be used to deploy Mutants.)

10. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I just think deployment mechanics are hard to balance before they are either OP or just not fun to play against.

If you had to just name theme aspects of mutated carrion bugs, what would you actually want them to do?

11. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Easy, they grow on eating dead dudes. Like...

Mutant Carrion Bug - When this unit recovers a Nora Globe it gains +1 DMG and +5 MAX HP. If that Nora Globe was from a Mutant, it gains +2 DMG, +1 SPD and +5 MAX HP instead.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  12. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

The deployment zone interactions were at the very least a neat experiment. It was nice to see some kind of interaction outside of 'give X abilities when you hit Y.'

Creep as it was for me, was only broken because you couldn't include anything outside of creep, compounded by a complete lack of any other synergy.

As far as Dusk Creeper being OP because it can increase the range of undead by one square....I can only laugh. How many Elves can increase various other Elves' stats by being in range of them? And they're more or less the most prolific race in KF. Granted, undead is a bit more prolific in FW in comparison, but when you look at its other race also being arthropod, you can see that it becomes a tool for potential split deck combinations focused around arthropods.

Maybe it'll get the mutant race back, but I'd wager it's still too early to tell whether that's needed or not.