Dwarven BG Help

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Solarplight, May 31, 2015.

1. Solarplight

Solarplight Member

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's a good start but it has some subpar runes in it.

Firstly, way too much physical dmg. At a minimum I'd bring 4 non physical dmg combat runes. It's great if one of those can be melee.

Secondly, the weaker champs: Brubros, defender, rougneck. Also, the Windfury and Sharpshooter are expensive, other cheaper champs are just as effective, such as platinum, ivory and scarlet wings.

Your deck is decidedly lacking in supports, mostly combat support. 1 sarge, 1 minister, half skeezik or DK, 2 PoV, 2 beer maidens amd maybe a handler.

I usually try and go 2 tanks 2 melee 2 combat support, 4-6 ranged, 2 support, 1-2 harass although IS doesn't currently have much for harrass.

For spells I'd always have 2 hammerstrike, 1 baneblast, 1 RD, 1 maca, 1 moif and use div touch instead of blink.

For relic, earth's hake for sure, 1 guard statue should be fine, banner.

No equips necessary with beer maiden.

Those are some general thoughts.

3. Solarplight

Solarplight Member

Thank you for all the info. Much appreciated.

4. Solarplight

Solarplight Member

5. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

You only really need one guard tower, 2 might be useful on a rare occasion but you'll find 1 is usually enough. I'd also drop at least one, if not both of the ivory wings and one beer maiden. There are probably better runes to use than the North cross Templar, maybe drop one for an extra spell. Other useful spells include instil panic, macadamize, gravity flux and refute. Other useful dorf champs include the battlerager, euan, ironfist collector (esp. if your going for the whole enrage after having brew disarmed), Dwarven mortar crew, brewmaster, dwarven hooligan, north cross militia, dwarven sharpshooter, magister and, one of my favourites atm, the axeguard.

6. Solarplight

Solarplight Member

7. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Looking good I'd say, should be able to hold its own. Some people might not use the rock guardian, but I like him and run him often.

Now the best approach is to play the deck as much as you can, and start swapping out runes that you find either don't work for you or don't find yourself using.

8. Solarplight

Solarplight Member

Thnak you for the info.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

-NCTs, +Axemen, -rock guradian, +agent.

Ivory wings are really good.