Earth Elemental

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Cinder405, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Why not run him? He's got decent stats with domain rock and also tunnel earth 3 is op. When he's your first deploy you will always Capture a font. Chasm walker is a sleeper ability. If your playing ironfist pass no one expects a champion to just Walt's through the chasms and capture a font. They will be like "dafuq!?".

What do you guys think of him? Any decent synergies you guys know of with him? Any combos?

2. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

tunnel earth kinda defeats the purpose of chasm walker, no? domain+trail looks nice though, brings him 10dmg 4 def 56hp with mobility. I'd probably run tunnel 1 on that though tbh to make him 66

Cinder405 likes this.
  3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Played some dude yesterday who capped the lower font on lava plains with him on his turn 2, and even in such a way that I couldn't cap it. GG WP much skill. Movement 9 is utterly ridiculous

Cinder405 likes this.
  4. Cinder405

I think tunnel 3 is too good to pass up. It's what makes him runnable. Otherwise there really isn't much on the table for him. Also yeah chasm walker kind of feels like a sandbag at times because you could just tunnel over the chasm instead but I think it also makes him unique because I think he literally makes a bridge for other champs to go over the chasm as well because of trail rock. At least I think. Correct me if I'm wrong

That was me. Tunnel 3 is too good to pass up on the champ especially since it works on literally every map and unfortunately some maps are better to have T3 on than others for sure.

5. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

Has been one of my fave units since back in the day when I could get him up to 13 speed when paired up with KF lol I used to put "seed of potential"? on him grab the font early cause of movement and drop seed to hold font then move, none of that works now so trying to come up with new ways to use him in KF split. Tunnel 3 is awesome!

6. Cinder405

What did u use for 13 spd? Haste?

7. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

At that time it was when you could customize the units, So I would up the speed I think it was twice taking it to 12 then KF bonus in a split used to be plus 1 speed so he would get up to 13 in how old system worked. Sometimes I would use "web"? on him after to gain one more speed lol but that didn't do you much good because all it ment was you could store one more AP, but I won lots of games then just taking fonts with an expensive earth elemental, I think at time he was over 90 nora and then you could use elite blade on him too. The movement/with tunnel was farthest I ever seen in game from a unit on deploy and unbuffed.

I have been trying him now with forge hammer and I always want to use the stupid fan fairs on him since he has cliff walker, I like idea of going off edge of cliff then pulling people off. but that spell is pretty meh right now.

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Whaaaaaaat

Fan faire is great.

9. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

I don't think its junk or anything, but it plays pretty situational too me, granted I had not played in a number of years and just got back now so haven't played it a lot recently. The ability to draw units 2 closer doesn't do much on a consistant bases, and you need units around to buff them. I will be playing with them more and trying to come up with good split combos though.

not to sidetrack his thread but do you run fan faires ?

now im gonna end up spending a few days thinking of more combos :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I dont have em :(

I would run them if I did, however. Not in every bg, but in most. I see the ally being the main part of the spell, with the fascinate a nice bonus.

11. Cinder405

Fan faire is awesome. It would be much easier using gravity flux on earth elemental I believe i n order to relocate champions

12. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Does gravity flux pull champs into chasms? I would guess not

13. Cinder405

Hmm good question. I'll have to do some testing. Fascinate does work like that however.

14. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

The main point of this rune now, Is to act as the sole niche rune of "lay bridge" in champion form, via chasm walker and trail rock, and as a font harrasser. If he were to become a construct he will have a great angle of inclusion but as of right now he is pretty lack luster.

With full plate armor, that is where his true power is reached, but without 1-2 range its extreme to get into a good spot for engage.

Also if this unit was 1x1 it would be loads better.

ssez and Griselbrand like this.
  15. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

The missing 1-2 range really hurt it imo also, and agree on construct point.