East Coast: Whiter than the Oscars

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

That's all fine and dandy. I said I am not trying to excuse anything. I just wanted to point out everyone was the same. The europeans just had a higher power level.

ssez and DarkJello like this.
  2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

idk about the same, the colonialism thing and the genocide of the american indians was pretty extreme. I guess some civilizations would do the same thing if they had the power but many probably wouldn't have. Id like to assume that most wouldn't, maybe im wrong tho and people are worse than i thought.

3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

While I don't think that's a safe assumption for those times, I do believe that the current US wouldn't.

(and with this and the further update about the Snowstorm, I'll be taking a break from this specific thread, if you have a question you need me to answer on the topics here, PM me, otherwise, feel free to lay out any rebuttals or otherwise continue debating in my absence.)

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

snowstorm's over, although we are possibly going to receive another storm with blizzard conditions somewhere around the weekend

snow's not cleared up yet, but the roads are drivable and it's noticeably warmer. i doubt there'll be any problems beyond ice til the next one

DarkJello likes this.
  5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

we're all gonna die from climate change

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  6. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

Climate change is old news, whats really scarey is the sun is going to supernova and destroy the earth one day!!!

That's what we really need to stop, climate change is minor compared.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Why even bother with foreign policy if we're all doomed anyway?

Let's not Firk over other countries and try to save our own skin before it's too late! Repent sinners, the end is neigh.

8. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

LMFAO!!! How many 1000s of years you gonna be around?

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Idk about you but i planned on being around for about 10,000.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the earth will die on its own before the sun supernovas, the suns death doesnt matter much to people unless they figure out a way to survive the death of the earth first. people will probably be extinct within 100 thousand years if not 10,000 anyway tho.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I too am a camper sometimes.
    [​IMG]

12. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

If you're concerned about the same areas that got pasted last weekend, it looks like that storm will head out to sea if the 12 and 18Z models are any indication.

I'm more concerned about the potential blizzard over the central plains early next week. That storm could give us a big wind storm on Monday in El Paso.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

sun won't go supernova it will fizzle out while slowly balooning into a red giant

also I hope ssez likes climate refugees because it turns out not all places are going to be as livable as before.

14. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

January 27, 2016

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The dig out from the weekend snow storm continues across Maryland.

Derek Valcourt with the growing frustrations in some areas where plows still haven’t cleared the streets.

What’s making some people bitter is trying to understand why all of the streets around them have been plowed, but they’re still stuck.

Along Millvale Road in the Millford Mill area of Baltimore County, neighbors are losing patience, knowing all the surrounding streets have been plowed.

“It’s been four days and no one has come down our block yet,” said Tony Redd.

“How’d you forget this one? That’s amazing,” said Humphrey Cash.

They’re still waiting, despite repeated calls to the county.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/...nce-where-plows-still-havent-cleared-streets/

ssez likes this.