Elemental Frost deck

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by s4ndm4ns, Aug 19, 2014.

1. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

I am trying to build deck around frost amp and shamans that will hit like a truck.
    Frozen, Icesnap out, 50% amp and surge, whisperer for MA1 and attack frost on shamans.
    profit

2x Crystal Dragon (armor1, freezing aura)
    2x Icewisp (aura, shatter)
    2x Icesnap (amp, warding)
    2x Thundra Whisperer (MA1, frost)
    2x Jakei Shaman (revere, surge)

I got here couple sources of frozen, aura, icesnap freeze (once fixed to 2 turns) maybe throw in Frostbite for global frozen. What would you guys put in the deck on top of that?

Goyo likes this.
  2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

built it last night, if you get the full setup they hit like mac trucks.

takes a lot to get the setup though.

3. s4ndm4ns

Well, 8base +8 surge * 2 on frozen +50%, should be around 48dmg on 0 def champ ;)

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I dont think you can pull that off in high levels, but yes, it is possible.

5. s4ndm4ns

Obviously cant pull that off in ranked but Icesnap + freeze will be quite easy as well as some amp. Shaman + Icesnap is 20%, so 25+ dmg a pop is not impossible in any game.

6. calisk

+50% via a discipline?

oh whisperer....ya that's crazy XD

silly whisperer, ruining everything =(

anyway in a drawn out game I had shamans hitting for about 20 in the late game.

i've also had her one rounded by a single guy because of defenseless.

7. Pedeguerra

Yeah, that can happen. I dont know why people are so focused on making her a beater, though, seems to me she is an excellent support unit.

8. s4ndm4ns

She brings amp and cleanse, empathy+self heal would work only if you had her take dmg on front lines, which is not the best idea.

9. Pedeguerra

Well, not necessarily. There are a bunch of things that could damage her otherwise, such as spells, auras, bombs, etc. I mean, I can understand people wanting her to do crazy amount of damage, but I personally wouldnt run her that way, at a glance.
    When I playtest her I might change my mind.

10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Maybe nexus aura can be playable for once.

11. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Cloak of Ice
    Frozen Auras where you need them seem pretty neat. Also the rune itself is actually pretty powerful, in my opinion anyway. Sadly I didn't have the time to use it against real people yet but against campaign AIs it faired surprisingly well. And with that I mean that I had no idea what the "Ice Armor" that it grants actually is. Turns out that it gives Slowing Armor which came as a surpise to me. Basically you can cripple anything melee with slow/frozen and have that whole Shaman whatever stuff going on on the side. I'd actually call it OP, but maybe I'm missing something since nobody uses it, ever.

Another underused equipment that might be awesome is Snowdrift Charm. It seems pretty OK for what it does and if you have MA1 from whispers on anyway you can get that 10 nora refund relatively easily. Snowbreach plus the mobility from Domain: Snow could give the Shaman some survivability against melee things... maybe.. and snowstrike is always neat... I don't know. I'm not as sure on that one as I am with Cloak of Ice.

12. s4ndm4ns

I had some issues with Cloak of Ice at least vs AI. When other champ with Freezing aura was in range, the auras cancelled each other out. So 2 of my aura champs would in fact not freeze the champ that they stand next to.

Goyo likes this.
  13. calisk

I was mostly just testign her damage potential for me her build relies more on the deck you run her in.

14. Pedeguerra

Truth. I wish we had more champs like those - with upgrade choices that really change depending on bg/style.

15. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Oddly enough, some folks freak out when I make suggestions that include upgrade paths that aren't exclusively ability ranks. A common opinion I get is "stop trying to make my roonz split-faction!"

It's my personal mission to get every champ in the game 6 different upgrade options. Moar Jakei Shamans, pl0x!

(BTW: I'd be running SP/ST Elementals if I weren't focused on Wurmz. . .)

Pedeguerra likes this.
  16. Pedeguerra

Awesome.

17. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

i think a lot of ppl are looking at the ability the wrong way .
    i believe this is a very good chance to do a savage exploit based deck . if we are able of getting a steady freeze/chilled/awestruck source it could be very strong

Goyo likes this.
  18. s4ndm4ns

Ok, so Whisperer has no arctic so Frostbite is out

Goyo likes this.
  19. calisk

honestly if it was me i'd probably still run whisperer with magic damage to deal with ghosts.

it's that whole thing about all your eggs in one basket.

your plan current is, snap, shaman, frozen source, 50% amp, wish

just go for the 20 and round out your deck better lol

20. Pedeguerra

Or just add Everfrost Manacles instead of Frostbite, like I do.

Goyo likes this.