Elite Skirmisher

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by HardyGames32, Mar 15, 2015.

1. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

Any of you guys had a look at Elite Skirmisher? It's really solid alt damage and range, and I'm auto including it. Any thoughts about it?

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Basically run for his "elite" 1st upgrade line. But rapid attack is terrible imo, someone will always tell me how it saved them from drowning at summer camp tho..so w/e. My real issue is what most love about him, the equip: frost quiver. Im sure this cost less then 20 nora, but it also means that chill and attack frost can be removed which further reduces it's usefulness and also takes up an equipment space which is good and bad I suppose as well.

- I guess what Im saying is, why can't he just have attack frost and chill? answer: because it would raise his cost...but meh. Also I hate 4-5 range

3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I like it, and I actually run rapid attacks at level 3, because

a) it is pretty easy to get defense reduction in IS.
    b) Rapid attack + regular attack for 7 ap is pretty awesome, particularly against champs you have debuffed or enemy squishes (read: ranged units).

4. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I too run rapid attack at rank 3. Opportunistic plus rank 3 rapid is 75 nora. Rapid 3 can be alot of damage with buffs and debuffs.

Plus it's fun to watch the animation.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Scarlet and Skirmisher were competing for spots in my BG, but now that Scarlet got nerfed I run Skirmisher.

6. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Sok nerfed angel and scarlet, i said firk off and now i run x2 windfury

nico likes this.
  7. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

Manly range unit ever! Also now we have a great sunder bg im testing with it, ill post it tomorrow for advices/share opinions

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Gedden was wrong when he through 1 2 3 ranks of rapid attack were a good idea. It should be a non ranked ability that is the level 3 version. After that, put some variety in those ups.

Sirius, doubtofbuddha and Thbigchief like this.
  9. Thbigchief

- Since I doubt they will just remove rapid attack which is my vote, this is the next best option. If there is never a situation where rapid attack 1 makes sense other then you hate the ability and want to eat the lowest amount of nora sandbag then why does it exist? I think rapid attack was supposed to counter NKD tbh but people found other applications etc It being on champs like salaman commando (which is just destroyed after revamp) just doesn't make sense to me.

- I'd go one step further, make it like slam vs knockback. I'd make rapid attack a passive on certain champs. The champ just rapid attacks as it's basic attack, like how slam is passive and does knockback.

10. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

try it with reapers blade... you'd be surprised

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

So deploy an equipped champ, remove his equipment and reequip him? You won many games with that kind of waste?

Thbigchief likes this.
  12. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I think he is referring to rapid attack in general. I faced a FW/ST bg last night running Khong Monk with reaper's blade. It was pretty obnoxious, but splits usually are. So in other words I also support Rapid Attack being dropped to just the level 3 ability.

13. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

this, im talking about rapid attack.
    Bigchief stated that there is never a situation where rapid attack 1 makes sense, well with reapers blade it makes sense? Rapid attack as a whole is just something I avoid. Maybe you could use it with sunder somewhere...

14. Thbigchief

- Again , exposing some lame gimmick as justification for a sandbag ability in 90% of in game situations is just helping my case. Reapers blade and rapid attack will likely just get nerfed at some point anyway. It's not a reason the ability is cool

15. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

The problems isnt rapid attack, the problem are devs, rapid attack was made as a "counter" for nokando. I dont know why they just didnt nerfed the problematic ability, anyway, jyx with sunder axe can be good too :p

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It also counters stuff like Dodge, Block, Warguard. I like the idea of getting rid of Ranks 1 and 2 and just making it a single ability.

Sirius and nico like this.