Elsarin Countess

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Fikule, May 2, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Elsarin Countess
    Faction: Forsaken Wastes
    Race: Human
    Class: Witch
    Size: Small
    Rarity: Rare

Artwork (Example art by dashinvaine at DeviantArt)
    [​IMG]

Flavor: "There are still those of higher standing in Elsarin. Those who are able to crush their opposition rise quickly in any society"

Nora Cost: 78 (base + upgrades)

STATS
    Damage: 7
    Speed: 5
    Range: 4-5
    Defense: 1
    Health: 42

ABILITIES
    Attack - Magical

Sustain: Dissipate [CD 1, 12 Nora]
    Target champion within 7 spaces gains Dissipate until this ability is used again or this unit leaves play.

Aid Defense [7 Nora]
    When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, friendly champions with the same race as this one have +1 DEF for 4 turns.

[Limited to 1 per battlegroup (not an ability any more)]

UPGRADE SLOT 1
    Coven Leader [6 Nora]

Friendly units within 5 spaces take 2 less damage from Cursed units. This effect does not stack.

Majestic 1 [9 Nora] DEFAULT
    Opposing champions adjacent to this unit are Awestruck

UPGRADE SLOT 2
    Death Sentence [CD 3, AP 1, ? Nora]
    This champion makes an attack against an opposing champion at 50% damage. If the attack is successful, all negative conditions are removed from that champion and it loses 5 HP for each condition removed.

Defensive Strike [CD 3, AP 0, 10 Nora] DEFAULT
    For 4 turns, the first time a visible opposing champion moves into this champion's range, this champion makes a free basic attack against that champion. If this champion has no basic attack, it makes a Physical non-basic attack instead. This effect is hidden until triggered.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
    OriginalG1 and Tal3234 like this.
  2. Fikule

edit (post no longer really applies due to tweaks below)

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  3. Fikule

Tweaked her slightly.

Sustain: Dissipate is now on base and Coven Leader is on upgrades to make her more splashable. Especially in human decks, making Fallen Hero and Elsari Reaper more powerful. Same for IS/FW splits.

Also changed Coven Leader to just reduce damage from cursed units in general (was reduced damage to coven units) so units without Coven in a curse bg can still benefit. The need for cursed itself seems like enough. This also makes her slightly more Lich friendly, though Aid Defense dissuades this a little. This again actually buffs Fallen Hero, since he has Curse.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  4. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Lady makes her sound like just some chick.

Maybe Elsarin Countess? Elsarin Duchess? Something more regal or fancy.

Coven leader is cool, I like it.

5. Fikule

Yeah, Countess sounds better.

Worried about her cost. I made her speed and damage pretty terrible, but the abilities make me think she should cost a ton, even as a support. Especially since her second upgrade is sort of there to offset her low damage (and defensive strike helps Aid Defense)

6. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I would drop death sentence and replace it with Aid Defense, then make her uncommon. Maybe drop her range a little bit?

I don't know how powerful her abilities are. It's something I'd have to play around with in order to get, which is a good sign. :)

7. Fikule

I don't want to put aid defense in the same place as defensive strike in terms of upgrades or she can't have both. The point of defensive strike was that she could trigger aid defense with it :)

Death Sentence I liked on her because, well, she'd be in a curse deck and would often be able to remove at least curse, and a lot of witches have a secondary effect (distract, rabid, deep wounds, chilled, etc) making it a nice overall synergy. Plus sentencing someone to death seemed pretty thematic with an aristocratic champion ^^

Range I can agree with.. probably a bit much, changed to 4-5. Not against the possibility of changing the abilities you mentioned, but thought i'd mention why they're on her :)

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  8. Dragos

Dragos New Member

I really like your Coven Leader idea.I was wondering about your thoughts on giving her something like a Pet:Familiar(a black cat or another animal)and giving her forsaken exploit or pain curse or something,and giving the cat debuff abilities.Anyway I really love it.

9. Fikule

The main idea of her is buffing and debuffing.

I can certainly see another witch (or a familiar itself) having a familiar interaction or ability set. I didn't want to give her Pain Curse as she is, as said, pretty much about defense and if I put it in her offensive upgrade slot nothing else would be picked. I also dislike Pain Curse as an ability as it is one of those global nukes that everyone outside of FW loves us for. :p

Forsaken Exploit might make a good third offensive upgrade. But compared to Defensive Strike and Death Sentence it might be too weak :(

10. Fikule

Added nora costs to new abilities and set her nora cost based on her stats and upgrades (base was Ethereal Priestess). (Her cost went up by 12 ^^)

Also, Death Sentence currently has a cost of zero according to Poxbase?

And why does Sustain: Unstoppable cost less than Unstoppable?

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Sustain dissipate may look like good, but it isn't, go and check and you'll realize that shaving 2 or 4 damage of a single unit it's not worth it.
    I think you could take the concept of coven lord and make a series of "rituals" that would be global effects that apply only to cursed units, in this case it would be a global dread that applies to cursed units.

12. Fikule

Would you say the Sustain: Dissipate should be cheaper? Cutting off 2-4 damage from some ranged units seems pretty significant now that damage in general has been reduced. Also, using the ability on a 2-x range champion that has been costed highly these days would be crippling. The advantage is Sustain is 7 range, so she can usually put it on before they can attack, either making them weaker or need to come closer. I admit 12 might be a bit excessive though, I just went with what negative amount Dissipate awarded.

Can you expand on the global curse idea? Are you thinking it has a duration? costs AP & has a CD? Does it stack with other global curses?
    It did start as a global effect, but I thought people might not appreciate a global Dread. It would considering the benefit compared to the hate it would create :p

(Also I have this thread: http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgame...review-some-rune-suggestions.4574/#post-62720
    If you want to post in a suggestion for me and someone else to review ^^)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I still dont get why would you give your own champions dissapate sustain is mostly work on freindly wont it be better to debuff your opponent with dissapate and give the extra nora cost?
    why not make a passive ability that take affect on a basic attack which cause opponent to gain dissipate for 2 turns as debuff and add x nora cost

14. Fikule

Sustain is just "Target champion within 7 spaces". You can apply it to enemies :)

15. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

big fan of this idea

16. Godfrog

Godfrog The King of Potatoes

Coven Leader should also have "This unit has Elsari Coven."