Elven Acrobat

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Elven Acrobat
    Faction: K'thir Forest, Race: Elf, Class: Rogue, Size: Small, Rarity: Common
    Artwork: A female elf is dressed in flowing multicolored silks. She wields dual metal discs and is back-flipping through a crowd of Moga.
    Flavor-Text: Once thought to be mere entertainers, necessity has made the acrobats of K'thir into quite versatile assets.
    Nora Cost: 72

Champion Stats
    DMG: 8, SPD: 7, RNG: 1, DEF: 0, HP: 38

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Physical- This unit makes a Physical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Climb- This champion ignores movement restrictions and movement penalties imposed by terrain elevation.
    Elusive- All ranged attacks against this champion miss if it is not Stunned or Paralyzed.
    High Endurance- This champion can store +3 MAX AP.
    Multiattack 3- This champion's AP cost for making a basic attack is reduced by 3, to a minimum of 2 AP.
    Retreat 3- This champion can disengage for free and move 3 spaces. CD: 1, AP: 1

Champion Upgrades
    Combat Awareness- This unit only takes damage from spells and abilities if they specifically target a champion. This does not include terrain effects, conditions, or equipment on this champion.
    Feint- This Champion makes a 0 damage basic attack against target champion within 4 spaces. This attack is not part of the attack chain. If this attack is successful, the attacked champion has -2 Defense for 1 turn. AP: 0, CD: 2
    Heart Strike- When this champion makes a successful basic attack, that champion loses 5 HP at the end of next turn.
    Strike- This champion's attacks ignore DEF if the target's DEF is greater than 0.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    Prami and rickyjpen like this.
  2. Xirone

This is a fast champion that specializes in hit and run tactics (kind of like Wind Sprinter 2.0). The Elven Acrobat can store more AP than most champs and uses that AP to make lots of low-damage attacks. She is immune to ranged attacks and can leap away from the opponent after getting some attacks in. Her upgrades are selected to increase her potency or survivability.

Ideas? Comments?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  3. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

Combat Awareness is such an auto include xP. I like the idea off this champion tbh. I always thought a low stat champ with elusive/combat awareness could be interested. Considering he is still susceptible to melee and spot removals I definitely am a fan of this idea gj! :)

4. Xirone

Yeah, Combat Awareness is a pretty good upgrade. It seems like it would be that upgrade and one other. By the way, does anyone know is Heart Strike stacks (i.e. if you make two attacks in the champ loses 10 HP at the end of the next turn)?

5. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Gross... Can we just consolidate Climb & Clear as Mountaineer already, and do something else with Creep and Crawl?

So... She's Xena? Range of 1, so i guess not.

For ideas:
    Health increased to 43 from 38 (Elves shouldn't be Foment-able in general)
    Climb removed from base
    Multiattack 3 reduced to rank 1
    RNG increased to 1-3 from 1 (alternatively, Preparation)
    Elusive replaced with Dodge 1
    Easy Target to base (opens up more room on the champ, creates interesting counter-play)
    Reflexes 2 to base
    Feint to base and removed from upgrades
    Dodge 2 added to upgrades
    Combat Awareness to base and removed from upgrades
    Multiattack 2 added to upgrades
    Class to Bard, Warrior
    Retreat changed to move up to X spaces

Basically, put all of the passive abilities on base.

Could give it a "Boomberang" ability, where the unit chooses to attack at range at the cost of attacking it's next turn. Something like that. I'm imagining red ribbons attached to the disks. There should be more "Dance" abilities, and this unit should have some. Arcane Dance fits well here thematically, consider it. Could give it Easy Target as a detriment, if it's too powerful; it would be an interesting fit with ranks of dodge.

IMO the Tireless Harvester should have Elusive, and something should be done about the Elven Prodigy

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  6. Xirone

Maybe I should rename the champ Elven Warrior Princess?

7. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Hahaha. That would make a better Barbarian than an Elf though. Keep her as a dancer. I like the theme. KF needs more Bards. Rename it to Elven Dancer if you don't like the name.

I'm rather confused as to what direction Bards are being taken in though. Are these regular musical mistrals, or DnD version assassins? It seems like they can go either way.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014