Elven Druid Revamp Idea

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I know Gedden said he's done with Phase 3 of the revamp (rebalancing the individual champions) but Elven Druid is so defunct I thought I'd give some thought to this much loved KF rune. Since the last few previews have included Druids, it seems especially appropriate to focus on this guy now. Even if it is too late to doing anything about this guy, if was a fun experiment revamping Elven Druid. On to the idea...

Elven Druid
    Faction: K'thir Forest
    Race: Elf, Class: Druid, Size: Large
    Flavor-Text: "We chased the elf-spy for hours, until we lost his tracks in a pack of wolves." - Nefari Scout
    Deck Limit: 2

Champion Stats
    DMG: 6, SPD: 5, RNG: 3-5, DEF: 1, HP: 42

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Magical
    Bear Form
    Purified

Champion Upgrade Path 1
    Eagle Form (+10 Nora), Wolf Form (+10 Nora), Octopus Form (+10 Nora)

Champion Upgrade Path 2
    Heal Self 1
    (+2 Nora), Heal Self 2 (+4 Nora), Heal Self 3 (+6 Nora)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    GameJack likes this.
  2. Xirone

Bear Form (+10 Nora)
    +Race: Beast, Ally: KF, Domain: Vegetation, Pulverize 2, Unstoppable, +12 HP, RNG: 1
    CD: 3, AP: 2

Eagle Form (+10 Nora)
    +Race: Beast, Ally: IS, Domain: Rock, Detection 2, Flight, +1 SPD, RNG: 1

Octopus Form (+10 Nora)
    +Race: Beast, Ally: FS, Domain: Water, Rapid Attack 2, Strike, +2 RNG, RNG: 1-3

Wolf Form (+10 Nora)
    +Race: Beast, Ally: ST, Domain: Snow, Rend 2, Fearless, +4 DMG, RNG: 1

3. Xirone

In short, each form has been standardized. Each form gains Race: Beast, has a factional alliance, a favored terrain, one major ability, one minor ability, and a stat adjustment. Bear Form, having Ally: KF, is naturally on base while all the other forms are upgrade choices.

4. Xirone

5. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

cool!

6. GameJack

GameJack The King of Potatoes

oh wait. So he can only change into one beast form during a game. hmm... the fun part is about him being able to change around.

How about both upgrade paths are about change form?

Edit: read wrongly. So basic bear form is there n able to pick another form. So max 2 beast form.

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i like it but can u change back to duid it seems better

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

it's intended for the beast forms to have attack magical aswell?

9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

im sure they all physical

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

xirone didn't specified, and I was asking if it was an oversight or a choice.

11. Xirone

Yeah, just an oversight. Each Beast form has Attack: Physical while the Elf Form has Attack: Magical.

Also, the Wolf Form could have Arctic and the Octopus Form could have Aquatic/Semi-Aquatic/Amphibious but I didn't want them to have more abilities than the rest.

12. Xirone

Yeah, that's how the forms work right now. Once you change forms, you are given an ability called, I think, Elf Form, that reverts the changes. I do believe each Form currently has a cooldown of 4 but in my proposals I reduced them to a cooldown of 3.

I could be wrong, it's been a while since I played him, but I think the base abilities do not carry over through the forms. For this reason, you have to revert to the Elf Form to use Heal Self.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  13. Xirone

Of course, the simplest change for the devs would probably be to focus on 1-2 forms, renovate them, and get rid of the others. Still, it would be most fun if he could somehow keep all 4 forms as options. The least fun thing would be for all the forms to remain as they currently are.

14. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Very creative ideas Xirone.

I am not a big fan of either the domain or the ally angle. Both of those abilities seem too variable and unlikely/hard to turn on. KF can't really run split faction at all right now, and even if we could, this would not be much of a contribution to any particular theme.

As far as the base stats go, it seems like a huge waste to spend the nora for a 3-5 range with only 6 base damage. I know! scramble is the answer.....give him scramble :p.

15. GameJack

GameJack The King of Potatoes

Does Ally: X trigger when change form? If current Ally:X, we can get a bit of AP from Elven Druid in split.

16. Xirone

I don't think there are any champs quite like this to test it on, but I was under the assumption that it did.