Elven Extremist

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by nynevening, Apr 21, 2015.

1. nynevening

nynevening Member

Im back to pox. Happy to see that you guys used my idea for Bowmage.
    I have another one for the elves, based on DnD as well.

The Elven Extremist is a pariah in the elves society because he has always been in favor of extreme isolation of elven society. His game statiscs are based "Bastion Remnant", he fills a role of both defense support OR offensive support.

Rune Name
    Faction: Kthir(maybe dual faction with UD)
    Race: Elf, Class: Ranger, Size: small, Rarity: rare
    Artwork: An elf with facial warpaint holding two electric enchanted daggers
    Flavor-Text: For he was too hateful in his ways, he was considered a pariah to his people. As the war goes on more and more of us began to question this decision.
    Nora Cost: 60

Champion Stats
    DAM: 12, SPD: 6, RNG: 1, DEF: 2, HP: 45

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Electric
    Racism: this unit gets -3dam -1speed -1def if there is a friendly unit in game who does not share a race with this unit. it get aditional -1dam for each additional unit who does not share a race with it.
    Pariah: This champion cannot be the target of friendly spells and abilities from other friendly units.
    Unequipable: This champion cannot be equiped.
    Vengeful
    Reflexes(2)
    Battlemaster(3)

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    (default)Warcry 2(Elf): Elves gains +2dam +2ap on 2 range.
    BodyGuard

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    (default)Pride of the elves: Elves gain +4 dam, 4 range.
    Weaken spells

Observations: I took out 10HP, added Racism, +1 defense, another level of Battlemaster, Pariah, Unequipable and Vengeful for flavor reasons. Dont know how this would affect cost. I'm guessing -15 nora, but may be wrong.
    He can trade his offensive buffs for defensive skills and buffs.

Q)What role is this Rune intend to fill?
    A)An early deploy of this rune ensure better offensive capabilities to the BG. It can be used defensively to protect flanks.

Q)Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?
    There is no bodyguard in KF. Pride, Battlemaster and Warcry makes this rune a primary target with decent HP and Defense so it will push foward the rest of the bg into combat because his buffs have low range.

Q)How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora?
    There is not a single unit in KF as full of hate and pride as this guy. This is his strengh and may be his downfall. His anger will drive other elves into battle and he may not be able to defend all of them.

Q)How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
    A lot of buffs for guys who is close makes him auto include in UD/KF elf bg.
    Low cost means you can lose him without losing the match.

Q)What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?
    His abilities makes him drive everyone into battle, if he is targeted it means he just drove his people into ruin. If he lives and his brothers and sisters dies, he will want revenge. The concept is solid and fun.

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Can we call this rune The Racist Elf ?

nynevening likes this.
  3. nynevening

nynevening Member

LOL... I guess you can. Elves are usually racists in the literature. That's the main reason they end up being screwed.

4. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Well, I think he have too many abilities in base, the rest, I like it :D

5. nynevening

nynevening Member

Can take away Reflexes(2) but will probabily get too cheap.

6. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Take reflexes AND pariah, increasing its nora cost as well. Like now it have 7 base abilities, 9 with the 2 upgrade paths, thats too much. make it with 4 is the better actually.

7. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

A SEVEN SPEED 12 DMG CHAMP WITH REFLEXES 2 BATTLEMASTER 2 WARCRY 2 AND ALL ELVES WITHIN 4 SPACES GET 4 DMG FOR 60 NORA? GTFO.

mortal ix and TheBulwark like this.
  8. nynevening

nynevening Member

LOL... its based on the Bastion Remmanant but with worst stats...

9. nynevening

nynevening Member

But i agree that taking reflexes and pariah. He would be more clean.

10. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I have an elf deck and elves are tier 1 without more cheese. If something even close to this was released it would be crossing a major line in the loose term "balance"

SaintKiwi likes this.
  11. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I would run him at 80-90 nora if you changed nothing about him, just to give you a gauge so I dont come off as a complete negative nancy. I think high 80s is most reasonable for him