Elven Prodigy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Djangoguy, Apr 10, 2015.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

But you only named one ranger and you can't even have 3x blooms in a single bg and their are multiple elves with whips =). You are right though a few rune sin k'thir are still way too overpowered but right now we have that in every single faction not just k'thir.

2. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

So...you built heavily for an anti-ranged strategy and you lost to melee units....That is a feature, not a bug. Kill the catharsis bloom before it replicates. Use magic damage, which you should have anyways because there are a litany of champs with ethereal/ghost/vaporize/phase shift.

It's like complaining that you lost to Centaurs because you stalled till they had 5 centaurs out in range to Rally you.

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

[​IMG]

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I wish I could say runes with a -38 nora modifier are barely runnable.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Frankly, I feel that Prodigy is criminally underrated, but it's not something that is exactly tearing up the meta, so I'm not sure if it really needs an adjustment.

JellyBerry, Netherzen and KingJad like this.
  6. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

My take on this is that with the algorithm it is nearly impossible to make a passive champion worth running, first because a basic attack is normally the main link among offensive abilities. When a champion doesn't have a basic attack - which currently costs a base 0 nora(except for poison and disease)- has damage abilities it is really up to Sok to decide how that champion is going to be efficient, because that's a major loss in power.

As for Prodigy, her base damage sources are Rain of Arrows and Blindfire. Rain is similar to Riposte/Arrow Throw in the sense that the owner does not control when or how the damage is going to be dealt, making the champion decently open for counter strategies from the enemy.

Honestly I am a huge fan of Prodigy's flavor, but I have no idea as to why she has surge: enemy. IMO that is the big source of the "evil"; since her damage potential is amazingly increased by an ability that has little flavor on her.

As for the modifier, let's not forget that there are quite a few other champions that received a generous(surely not so generous as Prodigy but still) manual cost reduction from Sok, and I certainly appreciate that, because under the algorithm it would be impossible.

That said, my suggestions would be the removal of surges and Strike from Prodigy, the reduction of her range to 3-6, and adding the following abilities to her second upgrade path: Logistics: range, Defensive Strike and Hunter: Quick.

I'd also suggest changing her speed to 5 and her damage to 12.

With such changes, her damage would be controllable, she wouldn't be too maneuverable as she spends very little AP, and she can have more interesting and lore friendly upgrades.

And the range reduction suggestion is based on a metodology I like to apply in my suggestions: no champion must be the best in its role. She just can't cover 99% of the ranges in Poxnora so easily and with such a big cost reduction. So that's why I added Logistics along with other pseudo damage abilities; the player actually has to choose her strong point, while keeping her counteractive flavor.

Djangoguy and drathys like this.
  7. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Great text, I'd also drop unnequipable for dissipate, I'm OK with strike on her, none pick it with Surge on same upgrade path.

8. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

But dissipate makes no sense, she shoots arrows. And honestly giving her basic attacks kills the whole purpose of her being passive.

Djangoguy likes this.
  9. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Dissipate on Blindfire :p

10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Removing unequippable allows prodigy to equip burning oak seed and gain fire damage she goes right back to being op again. Dissipate might not work. Prodigy is not hard to kill unless your just stubborn and u can't get around the idea that some things you just don't attack from range. I get that you want to equalize this whole nora discount prodigy gets for not having an attack, but you most likely will just make prodigy a big problem again.

Djangoguy likes this.
  11. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

I think the only reason prodigy doesn't see play is that Balancing Act kind of steals her role anyways.