Elven Prodigy's Blindfire does not pass DoT effects.

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Etherielin, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Reproduction steps:
    1. Deploy Elven Prodigy.
    2. Cast Fire for Effect to grant Prodigy Burn Rank 3.
    3. Have your enemy perform a ranged attack within blindfire's range.
    4. The prodigy will perform a ranged attack but will not apply charred.

Had this happen to me 3 games in a row.

@Sokolov Any chance it could be fixed? Blindfire works with One with Nora so I'm baffled as to why it doesn't trigger Burn.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Blindfire says "ranged combat attack", which is a super-nonspecific term, so it could either be basic or not. The real issue is the inconsistency with OWN, more so than not triggering DoTs per se.

3. Etherielin

I'd be more than happy to see it work as a regular basic attack as it'll make prodigy better in Archers. It interacts with all other abilities like a physical basic attack, so... :p

4. Etherielin

Bumping this one as I love the Prodigy.

@Sokolov I know I'm overusing the tag, but for the right reasons, I believe. :p

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Blindfire is pretty weird, but it's not a basic attack so shouldn't trigger either Burn nor One With Nora.

6. Etherielin

I witnessed it triggering OwN and other on-basic-attack effects, so I'm baffled myself.

It'd most likely nerf Blindfire, but being able to apply Burn would be neat.

7. Sokolov

Confirmed it doesn't trigger One With Nora just now, at least in this case.

If you see it again let me know.

8. Sokolov

Also, Blindfire is always Physical damage, will update the text.

9. Etherielin

How much extra work would making it work with on-basic attack bonuses work? Does Pox separate between bonuses and maluses for basic attacks, allowing you to choose whether an attack works with one but not the other?

Also would making it act as a basic attack allow the ability to become a bit more splashable? Currently Prodigy is the only rune to have it.

10. Sokolov

It's less of a matter of work than it is whether it's appropriate.

11. Etherielin

I see. I assume you believe this is fine as is and doesn't warrant a change? :p

12. Sokolov

In general, basic attacks are... basic. It's the Attack: X abilities champions have. They do nothing special other than deal damage with the attack type, etc.

If abilities work as basic attacks, they do so because of very specific, deliberate reasons, and isn't to be done lightly since it takes away from what basic attack means and introduces inconsistencies in expected mechanics.

Etherielin likes this.