Endless Devotion FW/ST BG

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Pheezy, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

Hey guys,

Was trying to build a bg around endless devotion. Dont really have a convincing reason to go split. Relocate relic provided by crypt guardian (can't afford a lonx chieftain). A bunch of spells + things from FW are useful for dire situations.

http://poxbase.com/deck/c5kcfJCg+ct...CaBcaNc3wc79sgs2LS6dsns4fr3dr2Ar2Tr30r2Pr2Ie3

Notes:
    Delegate: provides healing. Also, its a jakei which is a requirement for the gems to activate.
    Cackling Witch: no big reason for this as it doesn't really fit in with anything in particular. I just find the fascinating ability + deafening aura combo very appealing.
    Contained Thrall: Jakei from FW faction. Binding Chains is an aoe 8 damage which is kinda cool. Nokhan do and Assault make it fun.
    Crypt Guardian: Relocate Relic which is good so the relics can move around the map wherever there is a team fight going on, as relocation is essential for this type of bg to work. Also 52 hp with "one with nora" ability makes it last a bit longer lol.
    Crystal Dragon: Fascinate + frost armor + catalyst: not much else to say about this dude.
    Crystal Guardian: Takes on the ability of all other luminescence abilities with endless devotion + elemental fortitude. I wouldn't say he is absolutely essential or anything, but the more units with lum ability, the better.
    Crystal Howler: deafening aura is awesome. I HATE sonic aura on this guy. It doesn't work well with me. The reason is he is meant to be 4 spaces away from a jakei for its nora gem ability to activate and basically, there is not much room for a jakei to move around this guy without taking some damage. Wish it could be removed.
    Crystal Mastodon: Not essential. I like Hold the line and draining your opponent's nora.
    Crystal Wolverine: Not much to say. Eviscerating lum. Thirst for battle.
    Crystal yeti:
    Messenger: replaceable. Just needed a source of detection.
    Frostvein Witch: Arctic. Awesome range. Debuff applying. Replaceable.
    Hoarfrost Dragon: Arctic Flight. Replaceable.
    Jakei Elder: Awesome range + jakei needed.
    Jakei Extinguisher: Frost acolyte + Frost aura make it tanky. + Its a jakei.

Ok so for the rest of them, the point is to imbue lum on everything. There are some core FW and ST things (gale force, essence drain and mobi). A bunch of gems. Ferren Hideout for relocation. A Grim well for fun. And a crown of corruption for long range possession. Just for fun really.

Thoughts and ideas?

Cheers

2. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

You haven't committed to a particular theme for your BG which will likely result in a less consistent/reliable draw. This is akin to FW/ST Good Stuffs with a small Endless Devotion (Crystal) module. What you have now is usually the first step in my BG building process. 1x everything I want in the BG and 2x anything crucial to the BG's goal (theme enablers). At this point, you need to figure out what is and isn't supporting your BG's theme.

Based on your notes, this is the direction I believe you are heading and where I would start playtesting:

http://poxbase.com/deck/c4wCg+CjvCfkcfzCaNc6acwfC4jc26cuPs6Zs4IsgS6dsns4fs5ar2Tr2IE2xe2ye21

Rather than use many different Crystal champs, I've focused on Deafening Aura + Fascinate with Draining being a less important option. Jakei Shaman is a natural fit for triggering Endless Devotion which implies at least 1x Icesnap. For Detection/Shatter I've included both a melee and ranged option in Icecliff Patrol vs Jakei Wingmaster and Animated Blade vs Stitched Librarian. I've bolded what I would run, but you should definitely try both to get a better understanding for why that is. Don't do it just because I said so ;P

The rest of the BG fills itself out (Despoil is a solid option for protecting your champs in the eventual likelihood that they need to clump up).

Sonic Aura on Crystal Howler is perfect for triggering Catalyst: Frost on Crystal Dragon if you stick to rank 1. He doesn't need to stay in range of Jakei given that you spread Luminescence abilities permanently when Endless Devotion triggers. Only the champions with the original Luminscence can spread it around, but it can chain through other champs. In other words, Crystal Howler is the only champ that can trigger the spread of Deafening Aura, but it can bounce around to other nearby champs.

I have a considerable amount of experience playing Crystal BGs (FW/ST Crystal is a first, though), so feel free to ask questions. If part of my suggested BG doesn't sit well with you I can continue adjusting it to fit your playstyle.