Equip: Mail of Barbs

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Hierokliff, May 7, 2017.

1. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

If the charged attack had been counted as a basic attack I think this mail could have replaced Medal of Valor. Sure maybe Granite Bracers are better anti-attack equip, which this really is. Putting this Mail on one of our heavy hitters and the enemy will not attack him until they can oneround it.
    Since its not a basic attack, Aid Defense, Sunder, Rend will not work with it, sadly, else this would have been known as Zedins armor.

It is working amazing well in PvE, using it on Bastion, Zedin, Fist of bastion and getting a free attack out of the attackchain every turn is really good. Even the good old Barbarian Commander can use it with the Protective ability, but he is just a little too weak for it. Tried it in PvP but it was instantly shattered/disarmed, so have no idea if its worth using there.

But besides against PvE, can it be used in PvP? Trying to do it, but its not working so far.

Tormented seems a bit meh, but with holy armaments its a pretty decent +DMG upgrade, in theory. If it hadnt that check for DEF 1 or less, who runs a barbarian tank with def 1 or less? So I have never got this part of the equip to work. And it dont work on equip, the torment isnt checked on equip, had to test with a pureblood plainswalker, but a 0 def plainswalker dies so fast...heh.
    This unit receives a damage boost when injured. If at 80% of max HP, it gains +1 DMG. At 60% it gains +2 DMG, at 40% it gains +3 DMG and at 20% it gains +4 DMG.

upload_2017-5-7_14-55-19.png

So anyway have you got any tip on how to use this in a BG?

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I think if "charges" continued to be more of a thing...this equip was meant for that. As a stand alone giving charged attack as its only synergy with charges it's just not good enough. As for tormented... that requires some other resources usually to be worthwhile in the age of one turning. Back in the day I think it was though this was useful for Hraken but just got sort of sidebar'd ... I can't make it useful

3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Its great on Bastion the avenger in PvE, since he gets a free attack per turn.
    Tormented i still havent got any use off. Maybe drive/exertion triggers it so i can use it as a powerturn by dropping it on someone wounded, then hit them with drive for an extra dmg, but havent succeeded in testing it with drive. and guess 1-4pts of dmg aint worth 30nora