Equipment Removal Options

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Nov 17, 2014.

1. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I find Elven Artisan is the only equipment removal I use in any deck I ever run and both of her options are a 3CD so I decided to see what other options are out there. Am I missing any? Does anyone run any of these besides Elven Artisan? Any tips/hints when facing a deck full of negative equips?

Shatter:
    Ambling Frond
    Centaur Regulator
    Elven Artisan
    Elven Blademaster
    Gnarlwood Tanglefoot
    Guardian of the Circle
    Vashal Quillquip
    Vashal Ranger

Pilfer:
    Elven Shade
    Fairy Trickster
    Gnarlwood Tanglefoot
    Tortun Corsair

Recycle:
    Centaur Regulator
    Elven Artisan

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I run frond in my beast bg. Blademaster in elf bg and circle in wizard bgs, that's all though.

3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I always prefer Centaur Regulator in all the FF or split KF decks I make. I hear Elven Artisan is good and I get that, but it's just not my kind of rune because it sacrifices combat potential (moreso than the Regulator). Also, the Regulator has that great anti-nora gen going for it AND a preemptive aspect to it due to Restrict. It's not just for running around destroying equips, it can prevent them from ever being a problem. As long as you don't play a phalanx-ish deck, Restrict shouldn't be that problematic for your own equips and besides, you can rely more on buffing spells instead of equips when building the deck.

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It is hard to pass up Elven Artisan because of all she can do but Centaur Regulator is pretty nice too. I just hate that Nora Link doesn't trigger when Sacrifice is used. :mad:

5. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Frond. 2x. It's that good.

But otherwise no shatter has been a normal part of my KF decks for years.

6. xezno

Centaur Regulator is a hard champ to manage as a noob. I am going to try it again now and see how it goes but my first encounter with this champ was pure annoyance. Elven Artisan lacks in combat but is still a great champ for all levels of play imo. Blademaster is cheap but he just doesnt do it for me and I have been eyeing frond since I started playing KF. This guy looks amazing for his cost and yet SUPER crappy all at the same time. I am afraid to use him because he looks like he sucks but by the numbers he is almost OP. Conflicted.....

Thank you as always for the feedback everyone!

7. Xirone

Centaur Regulator is not that hard to manage, really. Just watch which types of nora gen you include (Thorn Collection is a big no-no with Nora Link). You'd be surprised how often Nora Link can trigger in modern pox (Unholy Tomb, Illuminate, Marsh Song, Banditry, Plunder, etc). With that said, Elven Artisan is still my favorite.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  8. xezno

So I decided to go Elven Shade out of all the other options just for kicks (and I love her in the public deck). The first ranked game I played, she was one of my only choices for champs and so I deployed her as harassment. After a spell and relic both with AoE effects that could not detect her thanks to combat awareness, my opponent just surrendered. I am taking this as a sign to use this champ.

9. Xirone

Keep in mind better opponents will known better than to use nora on spells that won't reveal champs with Combat Awareness. Elven Shade can be the real deal, though, so play on!

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Another way to look at the issue might be successful preemptive neg equiping.

Xirone likes this.