Erysipelas holy fire of saint Anthony

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Geressen, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

HOLY Firk IT HURTS, ANKLE AND FOOT SWOLEN AND PAINFULL. ANTIBIOTICS TASTSES HORRID.

Firk YOU PEOPLE AND EVERYONE YOU PEOPLE KNOW.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I didn't mean it baby, I was in a lot of pain when I said those things.

worst time is when you get up out of bed or from sitting down and the pain becomes very intense as the pressure and strain inside the foot and ankle changes. :(

4. Boozha

What did you do? Sounds pretty horrible. All I have is an annoying sound in my left ear

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I had in the past week somehow sustained some sort of dammage to my dermis a couple of centimeters above the outer part of my right ankle. this has become infected with streptococcus bacteria wich has expressed itself as 'wondroos' ( wound rose in dutch) however the more international term would be 'erysipelas' (red skin in greek) other names are : Ignis saucer, holy fire, saint anthony's fire.

The imediate area around the wound shows all the signs of an infection and has become very inflamed this is often coupled with swelling of the lymphatic system wich is what has happened to my ankle and foot. wich is causing me pain and discomfort.

Besides a bit of headache now and again I am not experiencing the symptoms of fever, nausea and diziness.

went to a doctor this morning, got prescriptuon, got antibiotics. got told 3 times to always finnish the entire course ( Firk people that don't finnish taking the entire course of antibiotics when the symptoms clear) 3x a day, started imediatly.

could be worse, could have expressed itself as flesh eating bacteria

worst part is I want to swivel my foot to crack my ankle but I can't right now. and I can just barely crack my right big toe and knee.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

ouch, hope it clears up soon, man

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Should start clearing up once the bacteria are dead. main problem is that they produce an exotoxin. so as long as they live they will continue to spread crap in their imediate area

8. Boozha

Eww. Run them over with something nasty

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Be a man and saw it off. Stitch it up with the entrails of your enemies and then get a peg leg.

OchiK likes this.
  10. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

So become stitched basically.

But yeah @Geressen people who don't take the full course of antibiotics are figuratively literally Hitler.

Geressen and Boozha like this.
  11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

My leg is nearly fully functional again, can stretch it again and even stand on it without the pressure causing pain, I expect it to be fully usefull within 2 days, swelling has reduced and so has the textbook symptom of a red line from the site of the infection to the nymph node, redness and iritation remain but that's because clearing away the toxins and repairing the dammage will take just a bit longer I guess.

Dagda, OchiK, Qucas and 1 other person like this.
  12. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Nice to hear man. Infections are incredibly annoying, I have Blepharitis which is nowhere as violent as what you had, and sometimes I wanna poke my eyes out.