Ethereal pool + mirrorhold bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Ray Finkle, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle The King of Potatoes

They just play ethereal pool + whatever spell (mirrorhold I guess) makes 3 illusion copies of target champion, ethereal pool does not take damage but your shrine does from scorn. The card reads "Champions deployed after this relic is in play have Scornful". Summoned illusions are not deployed champions as far as I'm aware.

Make ethereal pool take damage from illusionary copies of champions coming into play or make it so ethereal pool doesn't give illusions scorn when used with mirrorhold.

Didn't really consider killing my own illusions with aoe because I am garbo and was unfamiliar with this tactic of mirrorhold+ethereal pool. Still think it needs to be changed anyhow.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  2. Ray Finkle

After posting this I realize it's just a bug and I posted a thread in bug report.

3. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I too am against shrine destruction! Let's ban shrines from getting destroyed!

4. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Nope, just read the descriptions of the runes involved and think about it for a second. There's a very simple and common solution.

5. Ray Finkle

https://poxbase.com/spell/340
    https://poxbase.com/relic/142

Please explain, i'm willing to be wrong but I don't understand why ethereal pool works with mirrorhold. I guess you could gather up all your illusions and use an aoe spell or something, but it still doesn't change the fact that ethereal pool is not working as it reads.

6. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

You're correct, and I support illusions not triggering the relic. I do not support changing anything about "tourny shrine destruction," however.

7. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

It happens with summons from champs and relics like Dragon Artificer Portal, i made a thread in the Bug forums too a week ago.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Ethereal Pool is banned from ranked pending update so that it won't trigger on illusions.