Exactly how long until a new account can trade?

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by sunandshadow, Mar 29, 2014.

1. sunandshadow

sunandshadow New Member

My account is over 72 hours old but my trading is still locked. :(

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's 2 weeks

3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Did you make a brand new account, or did you transfer your account over from the previous publisher?

4. sunandshadow

sunandshadow New Member

o_O Why on earth is is two weeks? It's glacially slow both to earn any packs AND to be able to trade anything from the few you earn? Why would anyone be content to play with just the public decks for two whole weeks??? As much as I love the combat of this game, every other thing about it (e.g. the total lack of clarity about what the rewards are for the single player missions) keeps lowering my opinion. :/

And it's a brand new account, not transferred.

5. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

This is something that should be brought to Senshu's attention I would agree.

6. KTCAOP

Then it may be two weeks. I am unsure about the process to change it though I believe it was changed once before and I believe they will look into changing it into the future.

In terms of the single player rewards, I am working on that (slowly) with my beginner's guide, though what are you confused about in terms of the SPC rewards?

7. sunandshadow

sunandshadow New Member

For each mission there should be a list of the basic gold reward plus all the achievements possible in that mission with their associated gold rewards. There's no indication of if it's generally worth more to rush for the enemy shrine and destroy it (if possible in that mission) or whether it's generally worth more to take the slower and more difficult approach of killing every enemy champion. I haven't seen a bonus pop up for either winning in less than a certain number of turns or cleaning the field of all enemy presence. I have no idea if the amount of gold I get is related to my level, or what leveling up accomplishes. There don't seem to be any rewards for leveling up.

This is especially an issue if there is anything special due to the story. Like, I was just playing the Crazed Beasts campaign. In one mission the boghopper tads tell you to take them to your shrine. Ok, I walked them over there. They couldn't enter the shrine, which was my initial assumption about what I had to do with them to register them as saved. The game didn't react in any way to standing them next to the shrine. (In fact they took damage from standing on my terrain type.) At the end of the mission there was no bonus for keeping all three alive, nor any message that I had failed to register them as saved somehow. Then in the 4th mission in the same campaign the boss has 4 boghopper tads locked up, but apparently he ate one before I even got to that side of the map. Was I supposed to be able to save them all? Was there a reward for doing so? One of the surviving tads said that his brother who died was the only one who knew where the shiny stone was. Am I supposed to replay the campaign and save them all to be rewarded with a token, a credit, or a relic??? In fact, are there any missions or campaigns at all that reward a credit, a token, a rune, or anything other than gold?

This is a problem for pvp duels as well. If two players duel with public decks, is there any kind of reward for the winner? Or a booby prize for the loser, like how I sometimes get 30 gold for a single player battle that I lost because I managed to kill a lot of enemy champions before I lost?

Anyway, sorry to rant. It's just that I've played half a dozen of these online CCGs and all the others had features and clear communication to the player that this one conspicuously lacks.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  8. jesterman7

jesterman7 The King of Potatoes

gold for single player games goes by a few factors. first is time, this caps out at 15 minutes, or 300 gold. Certain missions also give out bonuses but not all, for example Euans last stand does and is the popular one to rush (eventhough it wont make u rich quick). There is also a minimum you start at for gold, that is why rushing Euans is fastest as when you do it quickly you hit that minimum but also get the mission bonus. You do not get any extras other than gold for missions (and xp)

I agree there is no clear communication. However this is in part bc they do not want you to farm gold, it is about playing the game and seeing it slowly add up and be able to get something for free. Of course we all try to get as much as possilbe anyways :)

9. RedDevil

RedDevil The King of Potatoes

Hello!

I just thought I'd jump in because this thread applies to me as well. I'm also playing on a new account and I was under the impression that the trade lock would only last for 72 hours (or three days). I actually bought a couple of boxes with cash and am enjoying the game, but I've been itching to trade a lot of my runes to start focusing my BG. Right now all I can do is just throw a bunch of random runes together because my collection is so small. And I really want to play with and earn cp on my own champs instead of using the public decks... Two weeks seems like an incredibly long time for new players to wait to trade runes!

10. jesterman7

jesterman7 The King of Potatoes

One of the reasons its there is to prevent new users from being ripped off, which happened in the past and happens in other games. I want to say at one time you also got a bonus for signing up, so this helped prevent people making multiple accounts (could be wrong).

Take this time to look at sites like www.poxbox.net (only real trade site now which is too bad) and look at what other people are trading on the forums so you don't get ripped off. Also take some time building bgs on www.poxbase.com and getting feedback on the forum/learning about some bgs to build.

11. sunandshadow

sunandshadow New Member

I don't see how getting ripped off would be a problem for anyone who has experience playing CCGs and is older than 14. But who knows, there might be a noticeable percentage of players who aren't in one of those categories...

12. KTCAOP

I don't know, I've seen a lot of unbalanced trades that players have made. Usually it is an Exotic to Exotic 1:1 trade or 2:1 trade or something of the like. But yeah.