Expired Trader

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crisian, Mar 21, 2014.

1. crisian

crisian Member

it appears that now you have to accept a bid before the trade expires or else there is no option to accept. this is not how it has always worked. why the change and is this the way it will stay? if so, i think it is a bad idea, i have already had a few trades that i would have accepted but did not have the option once the trade expired.

2. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

Seconded, what a letdown it was to discover that.

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I'm confused, wich trader died?

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Bid lockers mad.

5. crisian

crisian Member

nothing to do with bid locking.

why do some people just have to look for a way to criticize every post/poster? must be a small mind or something.

6. Thbigchief

- Nothing to do with bid locking? ok good. Accept good bids, deny bad ones.

7. crisian

crisian Member

no, my little friend, i will wait until the bidding is over and accept the best bid...the bids i won't accept are declined well before the bidding ends.

and micro-mind, why would i purposely lock peoples runes anyway? you make it sound like "bid lockers", as you call them, go out of their way to make trades to attract bids in a ploy to just lock peoples runes for the fun of it? if you make a bid, you take the risk that you will not be accepted or denied right away, you might not have access to your runes for some time, deal with it or don't bid. this happens to us all.

and ya know what, big chef? the new trader doesn't prevent your runes from being locked, it only prevents the trader from accepting good bids once the trade time is up.

obviously the system is not WAI, we need a certain amount of time to look at bids and decide which we will/won't accept. i simply made a post to point it out so they can fix it.

8. Morningstarz

Morningstarz Member

ya bid locking is silly

9. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

While we are on this topic =P, people have reported to me that when a trade expires, they may not be able to cancel their bids, even after twelve hours.

Is anyone having this issue?

10. crisian

crisian Member

the issue is that if you do not accept a bid before trade finishes you can't accept it. you always had time before, now when the trade expires you can no longer accept the bid that you want.

11. Queegon

One problem is what crisian says - the option to accept the best bid upon auction's expiry is gone, and you have to cancel the trade (and possibly message the highest bidder again to make the same bid, if you didn't make it to your computer before the end.)

KTC: When a trade expired, it was always the case the bidder couldn't cancel the bid. He or she could only do so after 12 hours after making that bid, and before the trade expires. The runes would either be unlocked after 12 hours when the trade ends/vanishes completely and unlocks everything, or at the time a final offer is accepted by the auctioner. The bidder can't do anything about that.

But I think I encountered a trade that lasted longer in the "expired" state than the 12 hours it always was before. That might be the #2 problem. I'd need to verify that, but it seems to me you are right about that. (To whoever I stubbornly claimed it was 12 hours, I apologize)

12. KTCAOP

It used to be 12 hours. But I'm getting reports of bids and trades being locked indefinitely though I've only seen one or two of them. I'm curious to know if anyone else has had the issue or not.

13. Queegon

Definitely not indefinitely in my experience. I had my own trade expire, didn't do anything, and it, too, had ended. But I think it was more than 12 hours, maybe a day?

14. KTCAOP

Alright, hrm… I'm just trying to track to see how common these trade locks are and/or to see if there is an exact time estimator =P. Thanks for the feedback!

15. crisian

crisian Member

how about fixing the problem with not being able to accept bids after trade expired? that is, after all, what the thread was about...

16. Belty

Belty The King of Potatoes

Still no solution to this problem?

17. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Nothing like this should have changed. I will look into this. Most likely it is a bug that needs to be fixed.

18. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Actually after talking with our engineer the rune trader is functioning as originally designed so the whole accepting and rejecting bids after the trade timer ended was just a long standing bug. But, we may consider adding a small period after the trade timer expires where Bids can still be accepted or rejected.

19. Thbigchief

- Brief brief window if anything...people should monitor trades they are creating themselves. There is no reason to blame trader because they set parameters they did not intend to follow up on, I mean they set it up.

- Im glad this was revealed as a bug it just locked up runes for a time frame that isn't clear to people. Now I know if I bid, when exactly my rune will be released. thanks

20. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

If you need some one to help you test this just bid couple of harbingers on my trades so we can see if it works
    We need to be sure ;)