Expired Trader

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crisian, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

I already tested it myself but thanks for offering :)

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

If this is the case, why is there an "expired" option then *ANYWAY* for trades? Just have them automatically cancel the trade and the bids. I could understand if the expired option was there to allow for trades to review the bids before deciding to accept and/or cancel, but as it stands, if the trade is expired, and the bids are then not automatically canceled and the trade is not automatically canceled, I really don't understand its function.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I had always understood it to be for an allowance of accepting any last second bids, similar to auction sniping. Once I heard it was a 12 hour window after the trade deadline, which I always thought was far too long. I've even noticed lately that if they don't get what they expect, some of the trade sharks will "punish" anyone that bids on their trades by letting the trade sit until it is ended automatically.

4. KTCAOP

I was referring to Senshu's post, which says that the current situation where Expired = cannot accept bids is WAI.

5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

According to our engineer the code was written to do what it is currently doing. So, from a pure code standpoint it is WAI. That doesn't necessarily mean it is working as it is expected.

6. KTCAOP

Which is fine, my question then if why doesn't it automatically cancel the bids and the trade? Why would it wait for user input if the only option that the user is supposed have to cancel the trade? Again, what function then, does an expired trade have?