exploration map, rp style

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ktm, Mar 19, 2014.

1. ktm

ktm Member

i would like to put on the table a suggestion for DoG to make a new single player map type. more adventure driven with exploration elements. much larger than the ones current in play. you would start at one point on the map and need to seek out nora fonts, shrines and enemies, all of which would be hidden unless within x amount of space (im thinking about 10 spaces or so). enemies would become aggressive when revealed. you would 'win' the match one of 3 ways, on capturing all nora fonts, on destruction of the shrine, or on destruction of all enemies. there could be discoverable 'treasure' which when captured could equip an item to rune that captured it.

qsupreme2 and Nemorga like this.
  2. lungz421

lungz421 Member

sounds cool, something to help flesh out some of the lore of the game that seems really fractured and incomplete thus far.

3. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

Similar ideas are suggested every now and then. I know they may be difficult to implement, and not a priority, but as a PvE player and old-school-tabletop RPG gamer, I'd love it!

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Once, long ago, a number of players were doing a D&D style PvP, where one player would be the DM and the other would be the gamer. There was a party nora limit, champs could have equipment, and a limited spell list was allowed too. The player would end turn a bunch of times while the DM setup. Then the party would be deployed and the DM would start the adventure. This was before single player campaigns existed.

My party was a Elvish Fury, Priest of Valdec, Oozing Slag, and Goblin Archer.

The problem was that so many people wanted to be the player, and not enough the DM. I don't remember who all of the DMs were, but I know Revenancer and myself were two.

5. ktm

ktm Member

thats actually really pretty cool

6. katanafish

katanafish The King of Potatoes

I play a draksar spellsword in my friend's d&d campaign and anything vaguely resembling that here would be cool as hell