Extreme lag (same computer)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Dreadloche, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Dreadloche

Dreadloche The King of Potatoes

Hi,

I am experiencing severe lag seemingly on the client side of things, especially when flying creatures come into play. My entire computer is locking up. Strange since I have used this exact same lap top without problems with the SOE client. I don't know what is going on.

Dell d630 and windows 7

Yeah I know it's crap and not meant for gaming but it ran this game fine before. Any thoughts or ideas?

2. Dreadloche

Anyone? It is debilitating and I can't play at all.

Was there a modification to the system initiation path of graphics acceleration during the revamp?

3. Dreadloche

Okay apparently this has to do with steam's utilization of integrated graphics chip. Since I have also dropped after games with a "insufficient memory" error, which seems to be associated with the graphics chip. Hmm Guess I will have to get in touch with them and see what the solution is.

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Yeah, we have been looking into this issue to see if there is anything on our end that needs to be done. What are your system specs?

5. Dreadloche

Thanks for getting back with me.

I have a Dell d630 with Windows 7 Pro SP1

Intel Core (TM) 2 Duo CPU T7250 2GHz with integrated graphics chip

1GB RAM

10GB harddrive space

D630s are notorious for being crappy gaming PCs but by all means it should be able to run Pox. And It did, before the revamp.

6. Senshu

Hmm, the lag you are experiencing may actually be because of your RAM. Pox Nora takes up between 500 and 600 megabytes. You might try to disable any unnecessary background programs that may be running. Are you playing the standalone version of the game or the version on Steam?

If you are playing on steam there seems to be some issues regarding Steam's compatibility with integrated graphics. You might want to try the standalone version to see if that makes a difference https://www.poxnora.com/download.do

7. Dreadloche

Ah okay. I first tried to install the standalone but nothing downloaded from the server so I figured the Steam client had become the only one. I am now downloading the standalone.

8. Dreadloche

Okay standalone runs totally fine

This is completely 100% steams problem

9. Senshu

Good to know you are able to play, but now we need to figure out why this is happening with the Steam Version. Thanks for updating us on your status.