Extreme Lag, unplayable.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by baalblade, Jun 28, 2015.

1. baalblade

baalblade New Member

I used to play this game just fine back when it's still by Octopi then SOE, even on my worst PC.

I just returned today and the game is unplayable due to extreme mega super lag fest 1 frame per sec O_O . I have tried to change between resolution and window full screen mode but none help.

And this PC can run Call of Duty just fine, and every other game and mmo just fine. I can open multiple window just fine. Except for this one game with minimum graphic 2d graphic called Poxnora.

Unless I can find solution for this from someone, I afraid i can no longer play/spend money on this game :( shame for nearly $300 worth of runes

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Are you playing on Steam or using the Client download from PoxNora.com? Do you have this lag problem right after logging in or on your first match or after you have been playing for a while? Have you downloaded the newest version of your Graphics card drivers? Also, what graphics card are you using?

3. baalblade

baalblade New Member

No, i don't use steam for the game. I followed the main site and downloaded the install client. The game extremely lag after log in, nearly freeze every 1 sec.

What strange is, my computer can run Poxnora good while the game still owned by SOE. I notice there are some map graphic change but it should not be big graphic change.

Again, my pc can run World of Warcraft, Mass Effect, even heavy graphic game like Witcher 3, GTA 5, Call of Duty Advance Warfare. This mean my graphic is very up-to-date and above average, clearly this is not graphic card issue.

I don't know why I have problem with 2D java game. I don't believe the graphic card is the problem, but more like something more technical as in type of client used to run the game. Perhaps Owl use different internal program than SOE, despite only the interface is the same.

My PC is Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 2.33 GHz (4 CPU) 8192 MB RAM 9093 Available Directx 11 85 GB available space hard drive.
    GeForce 9600 GT 4080 MB 1920 x 1080 resolution 32 bit 59 hz

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hmm, It could be a driver issue with your video card. Back when the game was owned by SOE there was a issue with Nvidia drivers that was resolved with some of their newer drivers. You might try downloading the newest version of your video drivers.