F2P Experiment

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Dreamweaver, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver The King of Potatoes

I know Stitched are kinda pricy, 2x tyrant, 2x first and sarinda are staples and expensive (from what ive read). Thats why im going to use FW until I can get those stitched :), so, skeletons are more viable than zombies in a low budget?

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Hmm, I'm not big into skellies, so I don't really know. Will try to find out sooner or later.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

yes, skeletos are more viable in a budget, but both need mobilization (rare) and are much better with unholy tomb (exo)

4. Dreamweaver

Well, days 5 and 6 are up.

I dont think im going to be able to play a lot during the next 3 or 4 days, ive got a lot of stuff to do for college and also ive got to study, but I hope I find some time for Pox :D

5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

It's been a few days since we have heard from you! Hope everything is going alright! D= Kill those exams! =D

6. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

I like this kind of thread :)

Alfodur likes this.
  7. Alfodur

Alfodur The King of Potatoes

Good luck with exams... and with pox after that!

8. Dreamweaver

Well guys, Ive just posted a delayed report from sunday, as I told you I wasnt able to do it earlier cause I was very busy.
    Im happy that some people are actually reading this and asking for more :D

PS: CK, im awiting for the rune pool to be up and running again, thats gonna be a nice report :p

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  9. KTCAOP

Sorry, I'll try to get it up and running by tomorrow!

10. Dreamweaver

What are you talking about? Dont apologize, the work you do is awesome! :D

11. Boozha

Yeah, also glad you did your next report, as stated before a new player's perspective is most valuable :p

12. Dreamweaver

Guys, I posted half of todays report, if you read it you will understand why its just the half.
    Id also like to know if you want me to keep on posting or to leave it there.

13. KTCAOP

If you want to change it from a F2P to just a regular new player, by all means. I'd still be curious to see how your journey comes along. In general, I am not surprised as people are generally willing to part with spares if they feel the player is a good investment. But yeah.

KingJad likes this.
  14. Boozha

For all I care, keep on posting, you still haven't paid anything :p You are right, at some point it isn't really your typical F2P anymore, but that doesn't matter too much to me. In my Grintmaw BG I use now and then there are four runes I borrowed, aswell, because I could not afford them.

15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I also am curious about your perspective on the game (hand outs or not). I just would also be interested in a new player's perspective without hand outs, so the f2p system can be evaluated. perhaps new players aren't as down on it as I am, but I have yet to hear from anyone actually playing the game that way and praising it.

16. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

This is not such a rare case, I know when I was playing a lot I would regularly help out any player that I figured out was new and not a ****** with runes (prettymuch all the staples of whatever faction they where playing plus whatever I had to spare) and advice, and I know I am not the only one that does/did that.

Your Stitched bg looks nice and while worth some it is still far far cheaper than a single 150k rune (Snogvie, Korona, etc.), so while out of reach for new f2p players, it is pretty reasonable that they could save up for something similar. Anyways, IMO keep it up: A large part of the challenge in the game comes from a very steep learning curve, not so much the hyper expensive runes (all common bgs can be very competitive), so having a better bg doesn't mean the experiment is no longer valid.

Lushiris likes this.
  17. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

You really need 2x Stitched Concealers, they are must have champs for stitcheds, because they make your early game so much easier.

18. Dreamweaver

Hey guys, im sorry about just leaving this thread unattended and stoping the updates. I had some real life problems and didnt have enough time to post. Also the reports were getting rather repetitive.
    Right now im leveling all my champs and once im done ill start playing ranked games. Im going to restart the reports with my ranked play experience, which should be in a couple days.

SPiEkY and WraithxxV like this.
  19. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Nice! Interested in reading more. PvP will be a whole lot different

20. Boozha

Yeah, hope you'll be back :) Good luck with your real life, too.