F2P Experiment

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Dreamweaver, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver The King of Potatoes

Hey, I finally finished leveling my stitched!!! Im queing for a ranked match right now, but its taking forever :/

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

It will until you have a rank. I think it is partially because unranked players are considered to be rank 5000, so it takes a long time to get to the ranks that are actually in use. I think it would be good to adjust that to 1000 or 1500 until we get more active players. Maybe even a dynamic value of lowest in use rank +200.

3. Dreamweaver

Earlier today I played my first ranked match, it was against a Limited League player who stomped me hard :/, I understand this is because of the small player base, but it was my first ranked game and I was matched against a player in the top 100. I want to play at least one more game today, and then write the report.

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Just a heads-up, the longer you stay in queue, the farther from your own rank the matchmaker searches.

5. Dreamweaver

Good to know spieky, so it would be advisable to leave the que if its taking to much?
    The ranked system is an ELO based one? If thats it, it shouldnt hurt me to lose against high rank players, right?

6. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

If you lose to someone higher ranked than you, you will only lose 1 point. A win can gain you up to 36.

By all means play agsitn the high ranked player and ask them waht you do wrong, and ask them to give you hints or tips afte the game. Its the best way to really improve your game.
    Also look at what they do and how they do it and try to mimic it in your other games.

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, it's ELO-based, so you will gain more rank for beating higher ranked players, but they'll be harder to beat, as well (generally).

I think I remember reading somewhere that every 45ish seconds the matchmaker starts looking farther from you.