[Faction] Exploit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doubtofbuddha, Jan 22, 2016.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Right now we have four Exploit abilities:

Forsaken Exploit (7 Nora)
    When this champion makes a successful basic attack against a target with Diseased, Cursed or Hexed it gains 1 AP and has +2 DMG for the attack.

Ironfist Exploit (7 Nora)
    When this champion makes a successful basic attack against a target with Stunned, Branded or Fatigued, it gains 1 AP and has +2 DMG for the attack.

Savage Exploit (7 Nora)
    When this champion makes a successful basic attack against a target with Frozen, Chilled or Awestruck, it gains 1 AP and has +2 DMG for the attack.

Sundered Exploit (7 Nora)
    When this champion makes a successful basic attack against a target with Sundered, Scoured or Fatigued, it gains 1 AP and has +2 DMG for the attack.

That leaves UD, SP, FS, and KF without Exploits of their own. What do you all think are the most likely trigger sources for these exploits in their factions?

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

None, I think we should remove other exploits cause they're unbalanced and superflous.

3. doubtofbuddha

I am thinking for Swamp Exploit, the conditions would be Poisoned, Soultapped, and Ensnared or Confused (maybe).

Peaks Exploit should be Dogpiled, Distracted, Shocked.

Not as sure about Depths Exploit and Forest Exploit.

4. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

Depths Exploit
    When this champion makes a successful basic attack against a target with Charred (fire), Bloodied (vamps), Ensnared (Spiders)

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

UD: Charred, Blinded, Bloodied
    SP: Shocked, Distracted, Twisted
    FS: Poisoned, Blinded, Soultapped
    KF: Illuminated, Ensnared, Enflamed

Tweek516, Ifem21, Netherzen and 2 others like this.
  6. doubtofbuddha

My only problem with the SP list is that Twisted is just on one champion. Dogpiled hits the same theme, but is already on a broad base of champions.
    FS with blind is slightly better. Two themes (Salaman and Mirefolk) have repeated access to it, and there is one piece of equipment that can activate it, so I guess that would work. KF has no champions that cause Enflamed.

Netherzen likes this.
  7. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

not Enflamed for KF but Pacified

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Good substitute.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Kind of off-topic, but...

I think it was @Ballballer who suggested Exploits are undercosted.

I'd like to examine that a little bit.

First, let's ASSUME that 8 nora for 1 SPD is correct (maybe it isn't, but that's a larger discussion).

This means that generating 1 AP per turn in ALL situations is worth 8 nora.

Exploits do 2 things:
    • Generates 1 AP on an attack
    • Adds 2 DMG on an attack
    Both of which are dependent on the target meeting a conditional.

Generates 1 AP on an attack
    On-Attack AP generation is obviously worth less than base AP generation, and it is also conditional as well, further decreasing the value. It has the potential to trigger twice, however. So how much is it worth?

Adds 2 DMG on an attack
    On-attack +2 DMG with a conditional is, again, obviously worth less than +2 DMG base. So how much is it worth?

10. Sokolov

I don't have any specific plans for these ones right now, but it's probable.

11. doubtofbuddha

Well, a lot of conditional +1 speed abilities are valued at 4 nora. That is pretty fair. And things like Exploits are providing a conditional +1 (or sometimes +2 speed). You aren't going to generate this unless you are actively engaging your opponent, and it does not impact your AP cap so both of these things count as minuses, but in the right situation (where your opponent has the condition and you can trigger it twice), it is really good. So I think I would probably put it at 5, maaaaaybe 6 at the most but that is almost certainly too much.

Stat Bonus: Damage 2 is worth 3 nora. Conditional +2 damage has to be worth less than that.

So even in the less charitable situation I would say (6 for the ap gen, and 2 for the +2 damage) I would peg it at 8, which is only one of from where it is now.

12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

KF- Illuminated, Ensnared, Charmed

Karmavore and IMAGIRL like this.
  13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I would think of it more as a conditional Multiattack 1 (plus a +DMG component) as opposed to a conditional +1 SPD (plus a +DMG component). Both Multiattack 1 and +1 SPD are 8 nora so it doesn't matter all that much for this argument.

Edit: Though it should be noted that Multiattack and [Faction] Exploit work together so a champion spends 1 AP on the first attack, if conditons are met, and 1-3 AP on the second attack (depending on the rank of Multiattack). There are, though, relatively few champions with [Faction] Expoit and various ranks of Multiattack.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Exploits are stupid for the simple fact that theyre so easy to trigger, and once the trigger is produced multiple exploit champs can benefit from it and wipe out an opposing champ(s). Most noticeable example of this is forsaken exploit

Edit: and if youre deadset on keeping exploits the same in regards to giving ap and dmg, then theres no way all exploits should cost the same

Sealer0, Makorov and IMAGIRL like this.
  15. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

It should also be noted that you can attack twice with Multi 1 and six AP, but not with Exploit and six AP. Gotta have seven and one is left over.

16. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

What if we take away the AP gain clause? And reduce the cost, of course, it will be just an bonus DMG against champions with certain conditions.

Also:
    UD: Charred, Blinded, Bloodied
    SP: Shocked, Distracted, Twisted
    FS: Poisoned, Blinded, Soultapped
    KF: Illuminated, Ensnared, Enflamed

Is wierd, Twisted is only on one champion, and I don't like Dogpile either, cause dogpile allready add DMG. Blinded in two separate factions sounds weird to me too, I would take Ensanared for UD, keep Blinded for FS, and KF gets: Illuminated, Pacified, Charmed.

17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Without the AP it would be even more boring. Rather take away the damage

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I wouldn't mind this.

19. doubtofbuddha

AOE Forsaken Exploit is about as silly as theme wide multi-attack. I do not have a fundamental problem with it outside of that.

20. Sokolov

Certainly not dead set on anything (in general or in this instance, especially since I asked for opinions).

I think there is merit to the argument that have slightly differing chances for proccing generally, but I am not sure if it's easy to argue exactly how much more nora that's worth, especially since any deck that uses Exploits heavily will have reliable ways of triggering them anyway, and there's also the idea of changing the exploits to reducing the number of conditions they trigger off of and also to use slightly less common conditions.

Part of the question still comes down to whether the current costs are appropriate. To get +1 SPD and +2 DMG permanently would cost you ~12 nora (same with Multiattack and +2 DMG), is the conditional trigger worth -5 nora? It doesn't seem like a completely unreasonable discount even on the basis of not having the AP to move around in situations where you aren't attacking, though +1 or +2 nora doesn't seem out of line either.

If they were less commonly triggered, they'd require more deckbuilding to achieve the desired results, and possibly be worth less nora.

If they didn't give AP or didn't give damage, some would argue they would be less skillful and be more watered down abilities, and again, not worth 7 nora considering you can get +2 DMG permanently for ~4 nora or +1 SPD for just one more at 8.

All that said, the current thinking for Hunter: X is basically a mini-Exploit with DMG only (+3 or +4 damage vs units with the value of X), so perhaps Exploits can be folded into that category of thing and do DMG only. So ST Exploit would become Hunter: Frozen and Hunter: Chilled (probably wouldn't do Hunter: Awestruck).