Facts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokolov, May 13, 2014.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

2. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

Yeah, well, we all know that it's either true or false, so there's really only a 50% chance that the position you're holding is right. Therefore, my position is equally valid to yours.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

When you're trying to justify your side of an argument, why would you want to be fettered by facts?

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

All facts are equal.

Some just more equal than others.

Baskitkase likes this.
  5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Blame solar! Burn more coal! I want a beachside view and be able to sunbath in northern Germany!

6. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

7. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

its also a fact that numbers typed in the smaller font are the correct ones.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I find the claim to be outragous claiming 14% while it should be 0,6% but I also think people should switch to more renewable resources like wind and solar. however since I live in a first world country the entire problem above seems to be a none issue, I guess things are diffirent across yonder ocean (and then across the entire continent)I now wonder; Does the moon not affect the pacific? Is california devoid of tidal movement? is the coast not suitable for tidal powerplants?

Nuclear, while not directly ruining the atmosphere, is politically unpopular, gets you tons of dangerous waste (wich you can slowly let leak into watersupplies, wich is fun) and I'd rather not have people build them in places where you can have earthquakes.

Algae and plants that can be used to make biofuels and bioplastics are cool but the algea are pretty experimental right now and the plants need to compete for space with other things such as food for cattle, cotton and such, food for humans. and this usually leads to killing rainforests to exploit that nice nice fertile topsoil that washes away at the first good rain. to eventually leave a barren wasteland.

Of course most of the world's oxygen is made by algae and not the rainforest but it's a nice thing to have around so let's try and not kill it 'kay?

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

*sunbathe.

or

* able to take a sunbath

10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Shut up, cheesehead :<

11. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

I think it was Oscar Wilde who said that...

12. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

someone has their bradwurst caught in the zippers of his lederhosen.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I am only interested in the facts that support my position, the other facts are clearly fabricated.

15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I apologize for any past insults Mr. President. Plz don't audit me.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I would never do such a thing. And if any of my agencies are found to be doing that I immediately deny I knew about it and fire someone.