Fae Spellseeker

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Pixyrus, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Fae Spellseeker
    Faction: K'thir Forest
    Rarity: Uncommon
    Race: Fairy

Class: Wizard, Shaman
    Artwork: A small Fae with wings that glow blue. It's carrying around a small book that has
    ancient inscriptions on it.

Flavour Text: "Spell spam? No such thing."
    Nora Cost: 70-79 <----- This is what I would like to have it, I don't know the nora cost calculations to correctly determine the 'right' nora cost.
    Deck Limit: 2
    Size: 1x1

Stats
    Damage: 9
    Speed: 6
    Range: 4-6

Defence: 0
    HP: 39

Base Abilities
    Spell Charged [rank 1]
    Spell Shift
    Flight
    Spell Seeker - Each time you cast a spell, this champion gains a random attack type until the end of the turn.

Upgrade Path 1
    Favor
    Anthomancy (DEFAULT)
    Surge: Fae - This unit has +1 DMG for every friendly Fairy.

Upgrade Path 2
    Spell Charged [rank 2]
    Spell Charged [rank 3]
    Tempo (DEFAULT)

Edit: I removed Tempo and Favor from base to upgrades and added Flight on base. To replace the upgrades for Tempo and Favor, I got rid of Adaptive: K'thir Forest and Heal Charged. I also bumped up it's HP to 39 from 36 because of the loss of Adaptive: K'thir Forest. I kept it below 40 so it can be effected by Foment.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

This champ probably has one too many abilities, assuming it is meant to have Flight. With such low HP, Adaptive: KF is clearly the only viable upgrade choice in the first upgrade path. Heal Charged is probably broken on this champ, as it is on most champs. With that said, a Spell Shift champ in a Fairy BG would be fun!

Entrepidus likes this.
  3. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Thanks for your honest opinion. I'm not much of a rune creator, mostly because everything I come up with is OP. I will fix it up (as best I can ;)) right away.

4. Xirone

Looks much better! One more question, do you need to cast a spell for it to have a basic attack?

5. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Yes, but every spell you cast will give it a different attack type. I though I would add a cool new idea to it, to make it sound a little unique ;). I should note that it loses all the attack types it had gained at the end of the turn.

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Would you mind these changes.

Spell Charged 2 to base.
    Spell Charged 1 moved to ugprade. -4 nora
    Range from 4-6 to 5-7
    Hp from 39 to 34.

I think this would turn her into more of a glass cannon. Quite literally glass. 2-2.5 hits will drop her. However with the extended range to allow for slightly better placement. I think it would work.

You could also leave her HP at 39. But then I would like Dissipate on her. Up to you.

7. Xirone

Glass cannons are meant to deal a decent amount of damage at the cost of dying quickly if attacked. This champ is more like a glass dagger. As such, lower hit points aren't needed

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Keep in mind, with Banner and Forment. All faries have essentially +12 hp. So she would sit at 51 hp with your hp. 46 at min.

9. Xirone

That's true, but the Fae typically have terrible HP:Nora ratios because of the buffs they can get. Overall the Fae need a large overhaul to be good and playable in the meta. This is getting off topic, so I'll end it here. :)

IMAGIRL likes this.
  10. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I feel she could benefit from a clearer focus:

Fae Spellweaver - [9 DMG | 6 SPD | 4-6 RNG | 0 DEF | 39 HP]
    Path 1 = Expedite | Mystic Push | Scry 2
    Path 2 = Favor | Council: Spells | Tempo
    Base = Attack: Magical | Flight | Spell Charged 2 | Spell Shift | Spellweaving
    (Default upgrades = Expedite + Tempo)

Spellweaving: after you cast a spell, gains Burn 3, Chill 3, Jolt 3, Poison 3, Rabid 3, Rend 3, or Scour 3 until end of turn. (3 ranks of any existing DoT)

Unless I completely misunderstood you, the goal is to build synergy around:

Cast Spell -> Attack

Temporarily gaining DoTs is a great way to supply damage in a form that doesn't overlap with Fae Oracle (Adaptive: KF) and Starlight Sylph (customized Surge via Starlight). I added Council: Spells for use in theme (Sprite already has Favor) and downgraded Anthomancy (Fae Oracle has it) to the less powerful Expedite/Scry 2. Mystic Push is a solid option in theme if you're running Fae Oracle (she devalues Expedite/Scry 2).

I think this set of abilities makes her flexible, prevents role overlap and establishes her as the spell engine for Fairies and KF at large. I'd see her finding a home in theme, in the meta and in SF BGs.

Hopefully you agree and kudos for a really neat concept! :D

11. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

The Spellweaving ability you suggested is cool. But once you add up all that damage, it's quite over powered. Even the FS hero (Geek or what ever) doesn't have all the DoTs. That amount of damage and that far of a range is too good I think. But other than that, cool idea!

12. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

There is an "or" at the end meaning you get one of the DoTs at random in the same way you had it give a random attack type.

13. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Okay yes, now I see. The ability sounds much better. :oops: