Faeria

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by doubtofbuddha, Mar 4, 2016.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Latest iteration of Hearthstone on a map. Bought into the early access last night, and am thinking of going a step further and buying the full set option. Some notes:

1) Has active harvesting locations on the map, rather than the one-of spots of Duelyst. So there is some potential strategic space about using champs specifically for harvesting vs. pressure. Particularly you can have late game creatures build up and then move forward as you move your dudes up.
    2) The game board is placed and defined during play. This includes special terrain (four at the moment), that is used as prerequisites for particular types of cards. So you can build towards the afore-mentioned harvesting locations or rush towards your opponent's "god."
    3) There are no limitations on deck building beyond the ones that are placed by terrain.
    4) Three main types of cards. Creatures, events, and structures. Everything has a physical presence except for events.
    5) The game will be free to play eventually, but now it is $25 to get into early access. This comes with a bunch of in-game packs and such. For $50 you can buy a complete play set of everything.

Let me know if anyone wants to play![​IMG]