Fairy Advice

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Nyanta, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Nyanta

Nyanta I need me some PIE!

Hello every one im thinking of making a fairy deck at some point in the future but i know nothing of kf or how fairys are doing in the game but i want to make a deck any way i would appreciate advice on running a kf deck in general and your thoughts on the fairy champs.

2. jhgh2288

jhgh2288 Well-Known Member

I played fairies a few years back, back in the days before the ranged nerf. Not sure how they are now but back then your staples would have been 2x Tricksters, 2x Starlight Sylphs 1 or 2 Rascals and definitely 2x chained fae. I deleted my fairy BG recently but I'll try to give you a list of core champs from memory, I took a quick lost at most of the champs in this list to get an idea of their current state (they're all so different now).

Champs:
    2x trickster (used to be able to counter spells with charges, now probably a 1x for the shatter and hex)
    1 or 2x Rascal (stealth+ CC)
    2x Chained fae (very effiecient for the theme)
    1x or 2x Conclave Warden (boost)
    2x starlight sylph (all star damage dealer plus gave majestic making EotC nearly unkillable with bold)
    2x Fae Enchantress (excellent soft CC with fairy dust)
    2x Faeguard nullbeast (THE tank for the theme with Bulwark, tough and regen)

Spells
    2x Stellar Horizon

Non-fairies I ran back in the day:
    2x Enforcer of the circle (Bane Shift was broken OP back then with bold+ dictate, great for holding the frontline while your fairies dealt damage from range)
    2x Dusk Druid (detection and stealth+ they used to have psychic ping)

The meta is different now and several powerful fairies have come out since I last played the theme regularly (oracle, corgi ranger, dreamer) that you might want to consider, hopefully this helps as a starting point. Feel free to let me know if you need any more information regarding playstyle or faeries in general.

Notes on the theme: requires careful distance management since fairies are generally very fragile (intelligent and timely use of CC like knockout, fairy dust and reclaim will be crucial because people will get in your face). You will need non-faerie frontliners and melee units in case you run into arrow eater or absorb units (EotC held down this role back in the day). Corgi ranger is a stellar melee unit for the faction in general (and it happens to be a faerie), definitely get 1 or 2 if you can for your melee and physical damage slot.

That's mostly everything off the top of my head. I'm currently getting ready for Judo practice, I'll add to and modify this list when I get back.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Nyanta likes this.
  3. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

I really like the Corgi's. Battle leader can be useful.

Nyanta likes this.
  4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

f|_|ck corgis

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  5. Nyanta

thank you for your advice i found what you posted helpful (i had forgotten that nullbeast existed lol) ive already started gathering champions for the deck could you recommend any support runes in the catagorys of spells, relics, and equipment for any basic kf deck ?

6. Nyanta

thank you for the recommendation on the riders.

7. jhgh2288

jhgh2288 Well-Known Member

Definitely look at equips like honor coin. Crown of petals might also be a consideration. Covenant will help with your low HP fairies.

Spells:
    2x stellar horizon (a lot of fairies are wizards so it's fantastic)
    2x Reclaim (pacify is a godsend when people get in the face of your fairies
    I used to run treefolks blessing back in the day since EotC has magic resistance 3 and giving it physical resistance 3 and regen made it nearly impossible to kill without alt damage`

Relics
    Warbanner (for obvious reasons)
    Throne of the circle (a lot of fairies are wizards and you get a suprising amount of mileage out of it)

8. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Here's my new deck. it's pretty strong, but slow and your champions are valuable which is a drawback. If someone rushes you it might be sometimes impossible. Fairies need good positioning and defensive play. Every remaining nora I spend on buffing my champions/healing them.
    https://poxbase.com/deck/cfmCgbczlCx5cv@Chzcunc3Fcgmcic5DcgTcgnr3nr2YrUR4Rfe3ke31e3Ie29e2be39eM
    People will tell you to run spells, but I find this bg interesting to play.

Upgrades:
    -Battle leader/elusive leap on corgi,
    -weaken spells/massive leap on nullbeast (this way you punish opponent for using spells with weaken, dreamstate and wooden scales, which is pretty good but again, slowly built)
    -shroud/heal mass on nectar

the rest is pretty standard.

Nyanta likes this.
  9. IronStylus

Dont run 2x starlight sylph, it's unnessesary. if she dies, it's usually good game, and you don't need to deploy her early. Don't run covenant, unless you really know how to play it. Use things you know how to use is my advice. Here's some advice on building a more competitive bg

Core: https://poxbase.com/deck/cfmcgbcicgTs6Or2YrUr4e3k
    Run it in every fairy bg and start building on this.
    I run 2x Conclave warden to draw her early (guilding spirit lets her die and I need to boost early, also she can ensare rushing opponent)
    I run 1x amareth, cause it's expensive.
    You can run 2x prismatic, because it's CC but you will have tons of it, so if you don't have place I would stay with x1.

Meta champions:
    - Corgi ranger x2 (battle leader/arrowshot is now in flavor of the month and lot of people play it. I advice you to do this too, because it's just strong, corgis with hit n' run+elusive leap are great too, but are vulnerable target of spells and can die in a second. you can try different builds on two different corgis also)
    -Fae dreamer x2 (divert + premonition might be annoying but dreamstate is in my opinion a better option. It's even stronger with combination of weaken spells on nullbeast)
    - Nectar (shroud/heal mass or divert/heal mass, cleanse is an option similarly strong, but I like mass heal more, especially when I gather a lot)
    - Moonlit (multi 1/multi 2 + evasive 1 - you can get avasive 3 on her with shroud)
    - Corgi knight (is another tank/melee bruiser, I run crazed charge/mobility on him, also not so meta, I would run him x1)

Add this:
    - Trickster for shatter
    - Rascal for initiative

Options (some are weaker or don't fit):
    -Mena
    -Sun blossom (add if you have place, awesome champ)
    -Snare fairy (Kind of have to test it, but seem weak)
    -Nymph (good anti rush, because you can posses high damage melee champions that rush. Never tested her, might be an auto include)
    -Wisp (he's strange, but if you like fascinatte I would go with that. on deploy cc is nice and he can sit in a further font for longer time)
    -Aurora Investigator (kind of an elf bg champ more. I would use her in a rush bg, and fairies are not rush. Good with combination of corgi ranger, enforcer of the circle, rage etc.)

Spells:
    Stellar x2 (if you want easy game easy life, fairies have everything besides aoe attacks, so this spell is usefull)
    Reclaim x1/x2
    Vortex x1 (I don't use it cause its 50 damn nora and it's got limited uses (1v1 far font, rushy champ on your face, complicated font battles) but can save your a** sometimes)
    Options: https://poxbase.com/deck/s3Ws7Ls7s5-s4ys1Is8Bs1as8ws3Ts6B
    Pick on or two favourite spells (naturalize is competitive and must have, but you will usually have dreamer out with shatter summoned)

Equip:
    Shimmering flower x1
    The rest is an option: https://poxbase.com/deck/e31e3Ie2we29e2beM
    I dont run horn of order. 50 damn nora.

Relics:
    Standard. Dreambox is an option. Same with grimlic's eye. I wouldn't experiment here more (besides wooden scale experiment)

Nyanta likes this.
  10. IronStylus

I forgot about Nullbeast. Of course he is the tank. Run x2. The more poeple the more builds with him. I run him with weaken spells/massive leap. People use bodyguard/regen though. Backlash on one is an option to test (if poeple start playing nora gen in meta then I would use it, otherwise, no)

Nyanta likes this.
  11. Nyanta

thank you for what you have posted its given me a lot to think about in building the kf deck and the non champ suggestions were a great help.

12. IronStylus

After some playtest this is my bg. It's actually pretty easy to lose your key fairies early game, so I run everything x2 (also for drawing issues).
    https://poxbase.com/deck/cfmCgbCx5Cv@ChzCic1wC5DCgTr3nr2YrUR4Rfe3ke31e3Ie29e2be39eM
    I think its the best I could do out of fairies. BG still sucks and is low tier 1.5 probably. weaken spells and dreamstate even with wooden scales dont stop spell spammers that kill your champions (if your champions die, you dont have the bonus on anyone and weaken spells is hard to deploy x2). BG is also map dependent. Shines and snowballs on large maps. Works against medicore IS players (if you group and they group you will probably win cause of special prize), worms, and generally people that tend to group, because your grouping power is insanely strong. Any smarter player with meta bg will roll you. Also it's almost impossible to play against rush (I lost to 900 rating dudes rushing and doing it quite poorly, I am 1250 rating and dropped with this bg). It's fun against anyone not experienced against this kind of play and uses spells poorly and on large maps where there is no mid font.

Spell fairies might work better. I remember playing them back in the days with spells and do quite good, but i switched to stronger and easier to play bgs, cause I liked winning. I'm sorry, but fairies dont stand a chance vs anyone on same level of play running arroyos or UD meta rush.

What's interesting that I lost even to spell spam adaptive bg with fry. On one point all of opposing champions had -10 def, but my champions were killed by (even with weaken spells) lightning storms and vertical push. I think the opponent was better and I deserved losing, but the spell seal doesn't fully protect you from lightning storm or similar stuff (damaging spells).

13. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

A spell Ryvirath used to play on his opponents was Occlusion. This takes away spell presence from all champs. He would cast this spell, save up some nora, and then power turn when the spell cam off.