Faithless (-3 nora)?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fogandsteel, May 16, 2017.

1. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Yes, Purefire, Mindslicer Boomerang, Retribution and such are good counters to superchamps. I keep updating my BG regularly as I encounter new challenges. It takes time though to learn all those new cool runes.

2. fogandsteel

Define "theme"?
    There are 4 Vothsair champions, and Vothsair Vanguard has "Vanguard" ability that is triggered by presence of other arrow-eater units in vicinity.
    Perhaps, it's a half-theme?

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  3. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I think he means that superchamp bg's don't allow much room for player skill. A decent player playing a superchamp bg would be almost indiscernible from an amazing player. Certain decks struggle with superchamp decks so you will always be able to pick up free matchup based wins, but a lot of the time you will just be reliant on your opponents draws or them being bad.

If you enjoy it though, more power to you I guess

davre likes this.
  4. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Well, the only synergy they have with one another is the Vangaurd ability, theres only enough runes to cover half the champs your bg should have (Average of 16 runes in a bg), I also don't think they were really designed to be a theme opposed to just meta runes.

5. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

To say nothing of the fact that this is a small community and if youre famous for playing a certain deck that requires certain conditions to be met people -will- alter their decks to include those conditions when youre online

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Although if you run a full arrow eater deck you are able to make a lot of your opponents runes redundant, which could be considered a form of synergy in itself.

It's kind of nice that you can have synergy like that without even needing designed 'synergy abilities'

Fentum and fogandsteel like this.
  7. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Im sure the other player feels differently.

Tweek516, SPiEkY and fogandsteel like this.
  8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The only issue I find with Faithless is that it is non intuitive that you cannot equip a champ that is faithless unless it is within the casting area of another champ. I feel that merits another 1-2 nora discount, or fixing it so faithless only impacts spells and not equipment.

9. fogandsteel

@Sokolov Good point.

10. fogandsteel

1. Yes, Arrow Eater is easily the most ridiculous ability in the game where roughly half of the units are ranged.

2. This, however, is debuffed by the fact that all arrow-eater units, except Ireguard, have Speed 6 or less, and so it is hard for them to close in on ranged units.

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I think -5 nora isn't out of the question because it is a pretty big drawback, but definitely not -10 nora that's crazy. I'm not biased either way he beat me with his trick vothsair bg yesterday, just to be clear up me being biased also.

Also I hate splits, played 2 games yesterday both were split trick bgs when I was playing full faction. Stuff like this just makes me feel like without certain specific counters against certain splits it's game over.

12. fogandsteel

I lose to full faction UD, FW, ST quite often, and against top pros, just about to anything they play: lost to Tiny's FF KF several times recently.

13. super71

Yeah they probably had the right counters or I just played bad yesterday which is very possible :). I just really wanna see a full faction ranked mode, can't stand how broken splits make the game.

fogandsteel likes this.
  14. fogandsteel

I agree. FF ranked mode would be great to have. It also would be much less overwhelming for beginners as it would reduce the number of rune combinations dramatically.

15. super71

Yeah I often just want a simple game of pox and rarely get it in the current ranked. Yeah the number of rune combo knowledge required for splits in ranked is too much, especially considering new broken combos are still found daily.

16. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I honestly expected this thread to say it gives too much of a discount. I'd glady take faithless on a ton of the champs I run.

I think its fine as is. As Dmr and sok said, kinda hard to balance this one.

Fentum and SPiEkY like this.
  17. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I have both thrown and broken things because I moved a champ in deep to cast a spell, only to realize the atheist has no faith.

Etherielin, fogandsteel and Zlyne like this.
  18. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

faithless (-3) this unit's spell presence is reduced by 2

fogandsteel and Durand like this.
  19. Durand

Durand Active Member

Not bad. Might be a good idea.

fogandsteel likes this.
  20. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

I would still want to have that on almost every champion in my BG.

SPiEkY and Tweek516 like this.