Fear based bg?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Hekau718, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

Just an idea I had. Is a fear based bg viable?
    With champs like Umbral wulf, Nectrotaur and such. ( possibly as an ST split with heretics and giants?)
    Any suggestions for making this bg are appreciated.

2. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Not worth it unless you really want to play it. If you do, run ST split with hastened heretic.

3. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Would proberly work best ina ST Split
    Necrotaur, Fw doombringers and Heretics.

Wont be ery effective likely though. FW would be immune to it as well as Ironwill/Prestige effected champions.

4. Hekau718

Got it. I'll pass on actually making the bg then. Thanks for the feedback.

5. jesterman7

jesterman7 The King of Potatoes

Seems similar style to a sapping AP bg which might easier to do. However if you get all champions on Fear that would help, might **** up a bg later just to see although I don't have many ST runes.

6. Hekau718

I remember a bg like that from a long time ago. With them Wretched witches and such. I'd appreciate it if you post the bg, I'm sure someone else might also find it helpful.

7. jesterman7

jesterman7 The King of Potatoes

Yeah I don't have it saved but if I have time later and no one else I will try to work on up. Sokolov used to use it. I see he is around but not super active but maybe he'd be willing to help.

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c8qcu=cfkct3c1Gcgjc1qcadc86cgz
    This is a short list of the most useful champions for the split, the spellset should be meta as there isn't a clear way to support fear mechanics or to negate it's counters.
    You can make a strong dread module to go with your fear split, with angel, aspect and frost giant in-theme, or you can go a bit more yeti heavy to get more of the racial. Note that the yetis I listed are good for the bg regardless the racial (they are meta level champions in fact, I consider them 2x autoinclude) and they only get better with the more yetis.
    The worst of the psychological warfare champions are the necrotaurs, but I think I would run them notheless. If you see the champions, there is a black death module, but is locked away for the choosing of upgrades, but considering tundra whisper, this can potentially be another combo.
    Risen yeti should be "the" champion for this bg, but his recent buff was poorly executed.

9. Hekau718

I guess a Yeti bg with Horrific howls + psychological warfare could be quite a solid bg. All things considered, how viable could a fear bg ( with variations in dread'ness and black death) get?

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I would say very viable, because you are including enough meta champions to carry you in case of something disrupting your synergy, that, and a meta spellset are enough to play without problems at any level, excluding the very top (top 20).

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I want an ability that is AoE3? that costs X AP and causes champions with the fear condition to become rooted for 2 turns.