Feel the Bern, he's coming from your left

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Jan 15, 2016.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

@Jimmie1982

What you are suggesting sounds like how NHS dentists are run in the UK, they are privately owned but the prices of procedures are set by the government, so cost the same wherever you go. If you are on some kind of benefit (unemployed, disabled, under 18 etc) then the government will pay for you.

There is also the option to go to a non-NHS dentist where you'll pay more but get less waiting time/maybe better service.

All in all, it seems to work pretty well. You still have to pay, but i know I won't be overcharged, and I don't usually have to wait till long and those who can't pay shouldn't have to.

Dentists can also charge what they want for non-essential (aesthetic) procedures.

Jimmie1982 likes this.
  2. Jimmie1982

Jimmie1982 I need me some PIE!

Precisely. It's only alien to Americans, really.

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

If you happen to be talking about me, I'm German, we have a similar system, and I really don't mind it ;)

4. Jimmie1982

I've been arguing with someone this thread will never really effect? Ugh... I'm out now. Here I was thinking radical tunnel vision was only an American issue.

DarkJello likes this.
  5. Boozha

... wat?

Dude, you need to express yourself in a more concise, rational manner, I might aswell watch an interpretative dance perfomance as read your posts by this point ...

6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

LMBO!

7. Jimmie1982

I said I'm out. You win. Your understanding and experience with American politics supercedes my own...

DarkJello and ssez like this.
  8. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

Whats even funnier is OP isn't American either lol

DarkJello likes this.
  9. Jimmie1982

*Unwatch Thread*

ssez and DarkJello like this.
  10. Boozha

... wat

"The Breakdown of Communication: a Work in five Pages"

11. Jimmie1982

You're a troll. Get out of here.

ssez likes this.
  12. DarkJello

They have watched a lot of Colbert Report and The Daily Show, so they know all about MuriKa. They realize that most Repub politicians are baddies, but they both think Dem politicians are fighting for humanity and progress and winsauce. I think they will eventually see the bigger picture, but it's gonna take some time. Patience.

Jimmie1982 and ssez like this.
  13. Boozha

Can someone explain to me what the **** is going on?

14. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I *think* he doesn't find any particular merit to discussing American politics with non-Americans. I could be wrong.

Geressen likes this.
  15. DarkJello

I did NOT poison the proverbial well, thus allowing J1982 free reign to solve the Boozha puzzle.

The following vid highlights extent of gvt power:

16. Jimmie1982

Yeah, you're wrong. He's a troll because his best argument is "wat"... Nothing I have said has been hard to interpret so it's just annoying having someone act like it is because they're not capable of comprehending valid responses.

17. Jimmie1982

So much sense being made.

18. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

I didnt either that's whats so funny about this, when I saw jimmie talking to him I thought, oh poor jimmie is gonna have to learn like the rest of us did lol

DarkJello and Jimmie1982 like this.
  19. Jimmie1982

Thanks for the heads up, guys. Hahaha...

ssez likes this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I was born in friendley neighbours but I've lived in politicians and hooligans for 16 years now.
    [​IMG]
    stupid you say? that's just a stereotype about americans, people get the goverments they deserve don't they? :p

DarkJello and Boozha like this.