Fellow Boggies

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by AKHolic, Mar 1, 2014.

1. AKHolic

AKHolic The King of Potatoes

Post you're BG's Here!
    Lets Dominate the upcoming DoW.

2. AKHolic

3. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

because of bad explanation, presentation and misuse of you, yours, your, you're (you are) you are hereby asked to make a proper post in my recently opened thread instead.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Standard meta boghopper battlegroup:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CgPC9c59CwDCtC8OCgUcjYC8IC5qs1s6Ts6-S46S5BrNrWR2ae2w
    Focused on swarming the oponent with fast and cheap champions, there are many sources of high damage output against single targets aided with little combos:
    Poisonous fumes + slam from augur and massive leap from bloated toad
    Mark from concealer + several cheap champions/pygmy hippo stampede/battlemaster from instigator
    Fury and tidemasters grow up in damage with surge and fury and they'll carry the game in case it extends.

Replacements that can be done in case of missing runes
    pygmy hippo stampede can be replaced with monsoon + drown to keep with the single target threath
    Augurs can be replaced with karth and a spitter, in case of this, cut one poisonous fumes for something else like reverberating blast.
    Horn of order can be replaced in presence of more water support with undertow, so if you don't have augurs or PHS or horn you can run something like this:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C9c59CwDCtC8OCgUcjYC8IC5qs1s6Tsds_s6-Sms46S3vrNrWR2a

AKHolic likes this.
  5. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

will augurs be easier to get?

6. GabrielQ

Yes! they are exotics so you'll be able to craft them with crystals

7. only

only Active Member

FS attrition @ poxbase

• all champions are 66 or under nora cost so you can cast Nora Drain as P1 to ultimately destroy 80 nora bank of opposite. this is lethal cheese. Nora Drain is worth using any stage of the game if opponent gives you the right scenario. however, running cheap champions opens you some options for early (non first turn) drains as well. counting opposite nora is essential. learning how to play with Nora Drain is a good way to improve. don't get me wrong, Nora Drain P1 opening is one of the stupidest things in Pox, but the rest uses of this spell is skill.

• all champions being 65-66 and lower nora cost means double deploy as P2. 131 nora means 66+65 nora champions. also, you have some even cheaper ones.

• if you reveal Marsh Song your first turn as P1, you can cast it and you will still be able to deploy second champion on your second turn (111 - 66 - 20 + 45 = 70). in general, Marsh Song is very small tempo hit and do not impact the pace of deploys.

• another form of nora gen and to force your enemy to change his playstyle is Pool of Dreams. the more deploys, the better this rune gets overtime. Council: Spells do stack! the rest of buffs are magnificent additions as well!

the idea is to overrun opposite player by champions by rushing him. then, using non champion runes to eliminate opposite champions by map presence (Concealer and/or Instigator + PHStampede is your main tool to do that. Broadside's Slam+Poisonous Fumes another high calibre weapon). sometimes you can stop for a turn or two if map/opposite deployes require that, but in most cases you're in big need to rush. otherwise, you're farm of fat pigs to be converted into nora globes.

this is not very stable deck and I do not mean Nora Drain "powerturns". some games you can do incredibly well, some games you simply have absolutely no chance because of doing no dmg, being out of bursting dmg or just being pig farm by ranged powerhouses. the idea was to play cheap (trading valuewise), not that casual and effective deck.

so if you're up to a challenge for something fresh, give it a try.

AKHolic likes this.
  8. GabrielQ

^Why the name change?

9. only

only Active Member

considering these forums do have custom avatars option and colors and shapes seem pretty unattractive, I just follow the pattern. on top of that, I also riot against that strig guy becoming a toy for all factions instead of ST just because people fail to be right, when the right decision might "hurt" them.

10. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Well. it's more of a Harby 2.0, *shrug*.

Also, that signature, is massive >_<.

11. GabrielQ

I don't see any problem with the renovator, it may resemble a strig but is a beast, and a ranged one, that fits in every faction.

AKHolic likes this.
  12. AKHolic

Nice I really like the way you constructed the bg and the way it could be altered. I'll try out the BG

13. AKHolic

From first glance I thought no way, until I tried it nice on

14. alex2751

alex2751 Well-Known Member

How do you deal with high def champions which can't be drowned and how do you deal with long range archers?

15. GabrielQ

with what kind of bg?

16. viktorino

viktorino Member

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/CgPc9ctC8OCgUcjYcg9cgYcqWcpachQcpuC5qs6TS5As33s81S1gs46rNR1=rWr2a i posted a similar thread in the old forum. this is how i run nowadays this kind of bg. if there's a spell you'll like to spam, trust me that spell is darkmarsh warsong. and believe me , soul sphere in this bg is amazing...cycling it with concealer will make your opponent crazy.. i don't own a pigmy hoppo stampede otherwise i would have put one in, but warsong is far better trust me :D. and yes, to play properly you need to learn counting nora ...

17. Taylor

Taylor I need me some PIE!

18. Spiderchap

Spiderchap Well-Known Member

19. TinyPickle

TinyPickle The King of Potatoes

20. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes