Fesh Hunter

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Woffleet, May 26, 2014.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Name: Killer Fesh
    Faction: SP
    Rarity: rare, Race: Fesh, Class: none, Size 1v1

Artwork: A small Fesh looming over the carcass of a cyclops.
    Flavor Text: Hunters are known to wait for days storing up the energy for the hunt. However it takes one bite to seal its victims fate.

Nora cost: 55
    Dam: 5, Spd: 4, Def: 0, HP: 30
    Base:
    Attack Physical
    opportunist
    rabid rank 3
    posion rank 1, rank 2, rank 3
    rend rank 2, rank 3, defiling blows

What role is this Rune intend to fill?
    A infestor for the Fesh theme

Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?
    Currently Fesh is a underdeveloped theme and a damage dealing infestor isn't
    available

How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora?
    Currently most mele champs don't have 4 spd

How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
    It has the potential to wreck havoc on enemy forces if used correctly

What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?
    slow speed combined with great potential damage makes it very fun to use.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  2. Woffleet

thoughts?

3. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Interesting concept. I would replace precision with poison 3 and make the upgrade chain have tunnel earth.

4. Woffleet

Thanks for the reply!

Can you explain why those changes should be made?

5. sassquatch

precision doesnt add anything. tunnel adds an element of movement and "surprise attack" to a very almost unuseably slow champ. the damage from dots is high though and compensates for the lack of movement to a point. i suggest tunnel since its thematic for fesh. i would also consider changing the rend chain to be:

rend 2 (cheap) rend 3 (default), defiling blows (expensive)

this would prevent cleansablity at the cost of some upfront damage. also since its not gonna get away once it commits and doesnt have defensive ablities maybe bump the HP to 38-40

6. Woffleet

Again thanks for the reply

In my thread Feshing out a theme I explained how the tunnels give Fesh tunnel earth. So it already has the "surprise attack". Precision insures that you're going to get the blow you've been saving AP for.

I like your rend 2, rend 3 ,defiling blows concept

7. sassquatch

ah well i generally just peruse the front page of ideas section. i would make the spd 5 then if you wanna rely on an external source for tunnel.

8. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

55 Nora to 58 Nora
    +Strike
    +Tunnel: Earth 1
    +SPD to 5
    -1 rank of Poison
    -1 rank of Rend

or 55 Nora to 61 Nora
    +Keep everything
    +Strike
    +Tunnel: Earth 1
    +SPD to 5

and "Fesh Hunter" is a bit misleading.... I originally thought it was someone who hunts Feshes. Like... a Zombie Hunter, or a Deer Hunter or Bear Hunter...

"Killer Fesh" "Noxious Fesh" "Neckswipe Fesh" "Fesh Cutthroat", not sure...

9. Woffleet

my reasoning for 4 spd was to keep the cost low and lower its threat range. 1 hit from this guy is 45 dmg in dots. With 4 speed max 8 and 3 Fesh Tunnels it can kill practically anything within 9 spaces. Increasing its spd to 5 increases its max threat range to within 10 spaces and lowers its dependence on the tunnels

10. Woffleet

Thanks for the reply!

I like the name changes but can you please explain your thoughts on remaking the champion?

11. sassquatch

but you are still assuming there is no cleansing or healing or the need to cap a font, and its still only 20 dam up front pre-defense.

12. Woffleet

I added your defiling blows suggestion to the champ :)

13. sassquatch

I would bump the damage to 8 to get around the potential of tough3 resilient def, or whatever damage mitigation is there. id also still bump the hp to 38 and speed to 5, it would benefit from vivify/foment/whatever still and give you a chance at surviving a round. even with all this I could still see it being costed from 58-64 nora.

14. Woffleet

I personally like the idea of its damage being avoidable. This guy is made to take out low armor champs efficiently with minimal risk sense he cost low nora and low armor champs typically don't have much dmg or will die from the bite. Maybe he should have 5 spd? my only reasoning behind not giving Killer Fesh 5 spd was to keep cost low.

15. sassquatch

you have to consider the no other option first turn deploys where the font is 5 spaces away. many maps are like this.

16. Woffleet

how about adding opportunist?

17. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

sassquatch's recommendations are much much more logical and acceptable. I initially recommended Strike to bypass high DEF opponents. But yeah, I think bumping its damage is much more conservative by nature.

38 HP + 5 from warbanner = 43 HP for a <60 nora champ is already good by itself...
    I think I can make the champion more competitive and fixed to a role, making him efficient but limited in its usage:

I think (59 Nora) is agreeable here...
    8/4/0/38
    Attack: Physical
    Tunnel: Earth 1
    Logistics: Rend 3
    Logistics: Poison 3
    Accrue

Upgrades:
    Shadowstrike
    Defiling Blows
    Evasive 2
    Leverage: Fesh

So basically, he is fixed to a role of Stealth-fesh that targets veilwalker, jakei elder, fleshweavers, Anti low-def,low-mitigation,support/key champs.

Also burst-damage via Vindictive + Implant on a friendly Fesh.

The way to play him is to NOT get hit at all via Shadowstrike + Tunnel: Earth 1 + Defiling Blows

1) With this reconfigured skills, he can POSSIBLY be a rush fesh... but cannot tank, (so you can't pull off a Fist of Bastion gheyness),

2) and also he can't simply slap down 2x Head of Osarius + 2x Catharsis Bloom just to contest a font via Stealth. He has to tap an opponent once (SHADOWSTRIKE), so its much more balanced and fair.

What I like about this design is that he can potentially kill an opponent slowly via Shadowstrike if there's no answer by tapping once to every opponents in range.

What I wanted to argue with your build was the inefficiency of having 2 DoTs, but no Mobility. Making it harder for the Fesh to have maximum damage output via its DoTs. I'd rather hit 2-3 champs once (without killing them), but dealing the status effects, rather than hitting 1 opponent twice or thrice.

And you also have to build him up in my skillset. Logistics makes him cheaper, thus you can maximize SP's bonus and basically make him a font runner with Eva 2, or early advantage via Leverage: Fesh

18. sassquatch

actually opportunist instead of the damage and speed bump would be a good idea in place of precision

19. Woffleet

This is a cool idea in its own right but a different champion. Mine is a easily countered glass canon deterrent while yours is a stealthy give everybody dots types champ. Its a good idea but a different champion.

20. Woffleet

what are your thoughts behind this?