Festival of War (Ironfist spell rune)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by StupidJerk, Jun 18, 2014.

1. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

Rune Name: Festival of War
    Faction: Ironfist Stronghold
    Rarity: Rare or Uncommon
    Artwork: Dwarves and barbarians drinking together outdoors, with people sparring in the background.
    Flavor-Text: "The residents of the Stronghold and the Sarnghaver aren't so different after all. They both fight hard, and party harder."
    Nora Cost: 50
    Effect: "Friendly champions with the Carouse ability gain a random savage clan ability, and friendly champions with Race: Barbarian gain the Carouse ability, and are treated as dwarves by the equipment Blacklabel Brew."

Inspired by Cultural Contamination, it would provide more synergy between barbarians and dwarves. I was thinking originally that giving the dwarves Stone Clan would make the most sense, but that would probably be broken by giving Perseverance to an entire dwarf BG. What do you guys think?

Other considerations: Making it an AoE, or requiring at least one Barbarian and at least one Dwarf to be deployed.

2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

First edit: Nora cost from 50 to 35 (40 at most).

I would also change the text about the Blacklabel Brew to just say "Brew", since there will likely be multiple ones after the revamp.

Next, I would make it so that it isn't reliant on the Dwarves having Carouse, but rather just having Race: Dwarf.

Lastly, your worry about giving a pure Dwarf BG Perserverance makes sense (good choice on the random there), though it would also mean that you would have to combo the spell with a Barbarian, seeing as Dwarves put out after the spell won't be affected.

Good spell otherwise. Just needs to be have less cost, and effect more guys. :)

StupidJerk likes this.
  3. StupidJerk

Cool, thanks a lot for the input. It certainly doesn't have to be more than a niche spell, but I see what you mean about the cost and comboing it.

4. StupidJerk

Hmm... What if instead of a spell, it was a relic, and applied to champions that are deployed within an area of effect? that way rather than affecting all the champions deployed, it has a similar effect to Vinetouch Pedestal. Then, it would also be targetable by an opponent and would require protecting. Would that make it better, or worse?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  5. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

It should be stronger for effect for it will not get ran.

Im thinking along the lines of a drinking contest between a veteran Barb and a brew veteran barb. It has a crowd of both of them split between two of them while they are engaged. Mugs are being littered on the floor.

"Youh thin' I'm juss some abervage warrior, Pass me anudda one'-Glean- The Barbarian Guardian

Target barbarian champion gains intoxicate and becomes a dwarf. If targeted on a dwarf it gains stone clan ability.

StupidJerk likes this.
  6. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I like this idea. However, perhaps it should effect more than 1 champ? Otherwise it needs to have a laughably small Nora cost.

I REALLY like that idea. Perhaps combine it with Anotherblackman's idea? I do enjoy things that bring more synergy. :)

7. StupidJerk

That's cool, it'd be kind of like a stone clan/dwarf version of Blood Rage. That doesn't really seem like a *stronger* effect, though, given that it's single target. I was hoping for an effect similar to Cultural Contamination, that gives multiple G'hern and Moga the racials of Kanen, and vice versa.