Few ideas for deckbuilding and other stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IceNorth, Mar 18, 2014.

1. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

I have a few ideas i think are interesting and could be worth looking into(main points are in color):
    1. Add special deckbuilding rules.

There are a lot of decks that are meant to be centerpieces but become broken/hard to balance when many of these are in a deck. Something like spits having advantage of getting best/ most effective runes from 2 factions. My idea is to group several of these together limiting number of runes of that type in a deck. EG dominant duo rule, can only have 2 runes with this skill in a BG.

This would not be a skill on a champ, and would reduce number of skills to go thru in actual combat, as u don't really know what ur opponent has, but it lets skilled players predict some of runes that might be played. It will also help with restraining powercreep and making future expansions, since say u cant place ton of new op champs because they are taking same type slot.​

Some of abilities should be moved here, namely unique, multitude and Opposing Viewpoints, prolly few more i don't remember. U can make rules that restrict one powerful rune into a certain theme.

Eg. Zeven gets rule that while in deck u can only use 3-4 non cyclop champions. These rules and slots would have graphical representation of what restrictions apply/slots can be used. In said example u get Zeven in one main slot, additional separate slot(s) for non cyclop champs, and another bar allowing for any number of cyclops.

Deck like this could give some small overall buff that is easily tweaked as needed. Some things can be outright restrictive, like opposing viewpoints to stop abusing of bugs/things that aren't yet fixed.​

Idea here is to keep game complexity overall(harder to build a deck,new guys can guy get advice/already good setups(presets?), while veterans can have fun making completely new decks, without possibility of clumping most op stuff for most part), but make battles easier(simpler champs, with specific roles). I think this would allow usage of a lot wider array of runes, after owls make necessary changes to bring power creep back to normal bounds.​

2. Campaign idea.

I already stated this somewhere else, , but i'll include it here again in light of gold income changes.​

Campaigns, well ranked and unranked too, why not, should randomly drop runes, shards and tokens. Runes should be just for campaigns, and tied to campaign itself, like tortuns, stitched and related spells and relics in Pawn of the matriarch (I think). Shards and tokens can drop anytime, with appropriate odds(not every game u get a drop, extreme drops are plat token and say 100 shards). This would greatly help compensate for hard income drop.​

Also a suggestion, if a small number of players is breaking current system, but it works good for rest of us, just drop say max amount of gold per day to 7k, hell even 5k, but keep income same for ppl that aren't abusing the system.
    3.NUX and theme decks.

Lot of players stated that getting new runes for new players is still hard now, and they are right. This can be fixed near completely by making more theme decks available. Themes give great value for invested gold, but u are in trouble if theme u want to play isn't there.

Simply add acceptable themes of many more types, and every new player will be able to find something they like. Split themes like stitched should be avoided tho, or at least have conditions for acquiring/enabling as they are harder to play due to specific mechanics.​

Examples there are skellies for FW, but add liches, zombies and spirits too. ST has permafrost, but add yetis, lonx, ferren etc.​

This way new player gets a great base for a deck, and can then proceed to buy extended set packs/boxes to complete his deck, without getting a lot of runes he has no clue how to properly trade and that in vast majority of cases are completely unrelated and impossible to make a decent deck with(If he bought a Box right away i mean).​

4.Trade-wishlist and selectable and searchable LF list

Add option to select what rune/type of runes u are looking for, and make it searchable. Idea is to search directly for a trade that has a rune i want, and is looking for something i have. This should reduce search times a lot.

Trick with wishlist is to make this work outside of normal trades we have now. Say i have a demonologist, and want to trade it for a servitor(as i do now).They are same worth on pox, and decent trade, but requires both side to actually need runes of one another. So instead of setting up a trade, I put those on wishlist as looking for X rune, got Y (or Y+Z, Y OR Z) for trade. Someone sees that and sends u a message if he's interested, or simply gives advice like that is an overbid for rune u are looking for/unfortunately that rune is worth more than u currently have.

Idea (for wishlist) is to avoid setting up one same trade all over again, and to be able to simply remove a rune from list once u trade it out without having to set entire trade of say 10 runes every time u want to bid one rune on something. Commenting should allow new player more fair trades, by say giving trustworthy players (like KTCAOP) different rank/color to distinguish them from sharks.

Not many trades now, so still not THAT much of a problem, but it'll likely become a hassle once game gets few thousand regular players and trades.

Hope u survived the wall of text, thanks for reading :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014