Finlord Neophyte

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Cinder405, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Does anyone run him? On paper he doesn't look good at all. How is the play with him? Cleanse is nice to have in FS but I dont see him being ran at all depsite the fact that he is a legendary champion in FS

2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

i've ran him when i have both hero's out, But cleanse interferes with neophyte.

3. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

I ran him before the big patch. Not anymore because of what Leadrz said.

4. Cinder405

Well then I wont be getting that rune anytime soon.

Hey guys I dont mean to derail the thread but is Mirefolk playable right now? Also if I wanted to start it what runes would be auto?

5. Leadrz

Voodoo shamfie, i guess would be a good tank for the bg.

Never tried to make a Mirefolk Battle-group yet because of lack of runes.
    ^ and the pirahnids with surge aqautic are good with 2x tidemaster bandoleer.

6. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

IMO mirefolk are the most powerful fs theme. Circadian arcanist provides global spot magic damage to all allies for a few turns. I think the duration was made shorter because people are asshats. Moving on. Circadian Templar, and Songmaster both provide global 2 dmg boost(1ap if your mirefolk) for a set number of turns. Fantastic for power turning. Circadian Enchantress (spot cleanse for mirefolk) best mirefolk ever. If you are one of the few people to own a Ctharia you get on deploy invulnerability for 2 turns. Why is it so hard to get a Ctharia? Oh yea no one gives a Bane Shift. Anyways Mirefolk buff themeselves with semiaquatic, get cool on deploy buffs, and slipwater.

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I run him for fun thats about it. I like the neophyte upgrade effects when i deploy boss Kartch, and mama Gekaal. Cleanse is over rated. FYI Darkmarsh Witch has healing potion which can cleanse most things except if the receiving champion is paralyzed, stunned, imobilized.

Cinder405 and Leadrz like this.
  8. Leadrz

^ Too much of a situational cleanse for me xD

profhulk likes this.
  9. Cinder405

Whats the damage on pretty decent BG withough the Unobtainable Ctharia of course.

10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

frenzied pirahnid is ur daddy for beating in the bg. Built right he costs 74 nora and will do 18 base dmg in water +rend rank 1,2, or 3. If your just looking for massive dmg take surge aquatic 2 on him and he will be a monster for power turning if u cast a feeding frenzy.

Cinder405 likes this.
  11. Leadrz

Inspired by this thread i made one about mirefolk.

12. Cinder405

profhulk thank you for the help man. I really want to try this stuff out but its just too damn expensive to try it out. I can acquire the runes needed if I give up a lot my collection but I dont want to do that. Is there anyway someone could build a Mirefolk/Aquatic/Semi Aquatic BG without having to get these Circadian Songmaster, Arcanists, Etc.?

Leadrz likes this.
  13. Leadrz

Yes, alot of the uncommon and common piranids are amazing to run.
    Stuff like pirahnid, bloodfiend, get good with aquatic surge ect, mirevixens are a cheap ranged, ceclealia makes a wonderful bastion of iron will holder,
    Darkamarsh instigator for a nice buff. There are plenty of options, stuff like Marsh raptor are back in, and to make water try boghopper paladin ( i can spare 2x them for you).

Actually Pm me with a list of runes^ cinder. (uncommons, commons, a few rares) and i'll see what i can spare. :D

Cinder405 likes this.
  14. Cinder405

Ouch I was setting up a pox box trade to get most of the cheap stuff before i saw this post. Got 2 enchantresses too. O well. I appreciate it however. Ive already got a couple of Paladins thanks anyway bud. Should I run them or not?

LF Voodoo Shamfie and Marsh Gargantua since they aren't in poxbox. If I like how this BG goes Ill consider getting the arcanist and other circadians

15. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

as you most likely wont have the Songmasters... yes. Do run the paladins. As a mobile Sidekick you could accompany them with a Boghopper Tad as well. They are cheap and good for buffs. Even if they dont really fit the theme of Mirefolk.

edith says that life was easier when Tidemaster had High Tide.

16. MindQuake

MindQuake New Member

I'm starting to think that the circadians might be solid to run in some numbers as part of other decks, as long as one can gain benefit from both their casting bonus and the unit itself (and as long as there is enough water generation for semi-aquatics to not shrivel and die). The extra bonus for mirefolk buffing mirefolk is nice, but most of the buffs are sufficiently strong without.

17. Leadrz

Frenzied piranid man(good without water) but good if you throw in a tidemasters equipment they can mow down most units (if they're let close enough) otherwise if lots of water gen just slipwater to victory :D

Songmaster is a nice support, Arcanist is global magic atk.^

18. MindQuake

MindQuake New Member

Missed the surge aquatic on frenzied pirahnid. Didn't miss it on regular pirahnid (which I have).
    Some water generation (splash/high tide/whatever else), some mirefolk (some of which are also water generation), some surge aquatic 2 pirahnids, some feeding frenzies (+10dmg on all the pirahnids), other sundry semi-aquatics, and a smattering of whatever is considered too OP to NOT put in an FS deck. Ya, that could work.
    In my deck which is still pretty short on the legendary/exos (my renovator, Kartch, and 2 tide masters which no longer have the high tide I wanted them for), I'm beginning to like the marsh raptor in that other sundry semi-aquatics category. Effectively 7 speed before semi-aquatic, 8 if you have water available, 13 damage, 46hp, 53-59 nora, depending how much pounce you want.
    Not game breaking, but strikes me as a solid beater and decent font capper (8ap first move, 6 after that, not spectacular, but functional).