Fire/Acid Draksar Deck

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Faust, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

so i decided to make use of POF's and akakios for nora gen

[​IMG]

any ideas how i could improve this deck ? like always i prefer to play Draksars.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If you want it to be viable you'll have to include skeezicks

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

And a flame dragoleech

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

no flame dragoleech because it cuts on PoF's revere: akakios nora generation.

5. nytrequiem

nytrequiem The King of Potatoes

I'd say drop Firestorms and go with Acid Storm cuz it's mo' betta. I kinda question 2x Morphs too, but not really sure what to recommend in their place. Maybe a Marauder? Also, Rage Band? I'm assuming that is for Tainting Vindrax.

6. RoachKing

RoachKing The King of Potatoes

I used to play with a similar draksar fire bg in ranked. The only non-draks i included was vinny, akkakois, snog, and 2x agitators. For your bg I suggest dropping a bookburner and a high priest for 2x marauders. Marauders bring the only aoe firebomb so those are auto. For non champs i'd replace 1x firestorm, taint, and dragons godstaff with 1x minefield, another quickening, and acid storm. The godstaff is redundant. Taint would be useful if you replaced Valdac with snogvie but since there's only 1 candidate (I'm assuming akakios)for taint it just takes up space. And minefields can be hella deadly.

I don't have any experience using morphs, high priests, or homicidal thugs so i dont really know how useful they are.

Other stuff i recommend you should try out: Torien, Psion
    Psion(telekinetic thrust) +minefield= butt devastation

7. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

rage brand on morphs give her violent :)

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Agreed

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I see none of them dragon draksar demon thingies, also no explorer. this BG does not have my aproval.

10. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

He has a ripdemon alpha.

The problem with POF + akakios nora gen is it requires putting out both POF and akakios and then keeping them alive while dealing fire dmg. You'd get more pure nora gen on a more consistent basis with a flame dragoleech with flame siphon upgraded. Or run some drak consulates with essence capture.

If you want to keep the POF akak thing going then take out a bookburner and the homicidal thug and run two serpentor paradigms. They have a fire secondary attack that feeds into the theme, but they are also just amazing champs. And they have surge: draksar so they synergize well.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would add Vex with Flamethrower and Heart of Gnash to bump your fire and acid damage to a 50% increase. It will help prolong your champs as well as boost the damage you're dealing. I know Draksar Archers are nice, but they don't fit the theme. Are you including them to be more competitive?

I setup an acid/fire deck also. I should include a banner, and I also have Akakois, which I could put in, but I'm not sure what to switch it with, probably one of the Skeezick Torches.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c5oc8fCgLc5iC9yC9qC4UC6_coLc3-S6LS55saS5hs73S7usYRXr3e2D

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  12. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

i would change one acid trap for clutch of vindrax and the other for peridot sphere.
    And one ferocity for a sandsnipe

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I don't have any of those right now. I'll have to look into it. I like the acid traps in single player for the blind, I can usually get 2 champs in one.