Fire Acolyte/Lava Terrain Glitch

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Authyrtyr, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

If I have any units with Fire Acolyte and any unit walks through a space in which they take fire damage on each space (ie Lava or Fire Ruby or Searing Aura) the unit will stop at each space and the game will heal all of the fire acolyte units and it seems really slow. If you have 2 or 3 fire acolyte units and tell a unit to walk over a stretch of lava (say 5 spaces) it will stop on the first space as usual, then I'll get no feedback from the game for about 5-10 seconds and then all of the healing will happen at once and the unit that tried to move will glitch to twice as many spaces away from the starting position as intended. The problem is that the unit can't be targeted with any abilities (when enemy champions move over lava I can't attack them the next turn), I can't select them and they aren't affected by AoEs. When the glitched unit's owner's turn starts the sprite is now displayed at the proper location.

This bug makes it very difficult to effectively play a UD Fire BG as a main part of the strategy is abusing and hiding behind lava terrain and healing with fire acolyte. Don't know if this is a known glitch but here it is.

2. Galandra

Galandra The King of Potatoes

Came here to report the exact same bug, but the OP's description is very precise. Other effects, like ice, also cause the same problem.

For some reason, this is happening much more frequently in the last few days. Re-logging will properly re-locate misplaced champs, but that risks DC timing out and deciding I lost--which happened about five minutes ago.