Firemaw/Akakios

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Cuccalab, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Cuccalab

Cuccalab The King of Potatoes

I was thinking about building a Firemaw/Akakios BG but I'm pretty new to SL and never built a bg centered mainly around one element (obviously fire in this case) since I always valued more the variety.
    I don't have any idea of how many Amp Fire and Attack Fire champs I should play, I managed to put togheder a starting point (for champs since I find spells and relics far easier):

https://poxbase.com/deck/cwzcwICw+CvYCwlCqo

My idea is to control the death of Firemaw with Wyrmpriests and reposition the relic with Thunderaxes so it can survive, any go to runes I should play or any advice/critique you want to give me will be of great help.

Thanks!!

2. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I can't contribute much tactically. Just wanted to say that I love the idea. :D

3. Cuccalab

still appreciated man! :)

4. vipoid

Actually, I do have a suggestion - consider including Transmission Relay. https://poxbase.com/relic/209

It will reveal a dragon on the turn you deploy it and every turn thereafter (enabling you to quickly find Firemaw). What's more, if there are no dragon runes left in your deck, it will instead reduce the CD of a dead dragon to 0. So, if Akakios or Firemaw happen to die, you can quickly play them again.

There's also Summon Dragon (which reveals all Dragons in your deck and gives the next one your deploy 4AP), but that's probably not necessary unless your deck ends up with a lot more dragons.

5. Cuccalab

That is a cool idea although I never know if this kind of runes are worth the spot, but the cd reduction to 0 can be clutch and if played in a low-dragons bg the relay can stay up all game, summon dragon convinces me less but I guess since I don't have a clear idea of the reminder of the runes it's a card to consider.

6. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I think the best way to decide what champs to use is to try them in the bg, but if you want a start, then ruby crawler and goblin dirtbag are good fire amp champs.

If you decide to run dragon skull and/or heart of gnash, then 4-5 fire amp champs should be fine, since you can only amp up to 50%

7. Cuccalab

Sadly I can't test it right now since I miss a couple of the legendaries and I want to develop the bg to a point in which I am convinced it's good before using all my shard and trade off half my collection, by the way, crawler and dirtbag are decent options but they are costly for what they offer, is Demonlich viable in your opinion? he could serve a semi-support role and a 2nd magic damage source which is always good.
    Heart of gnash seems really good since it can make me solve any immunity problems on spot and also gives amp to one of my champions, I'm not really convinced by the skull because 45 nora for a passive +25% (which is a lot, granted) that I can obtain with champ deploys seems a bit of an overkill to me.
    Thanks a lot for the help! :)

8. vipoid

Demon Lich is good. He's a solid champ that brings Amplify Fire as well as a toolbox of other abilities. I use at least one in every UD BG, and 2 in any fire related ones.

9. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Try building a version of the deck with just the cards you have already, to make sure the concept works before investing in it so heavily.

The advantage of dragon skull is that it has the amping power of two (and a half) champions, but costs less than deploying those champions, which makes it a lot easier and faster to get on the board.

Another rune option is the stitched supressor. His mason's spire ability would make firemaw's relic much harder to kill.

10. Cuccalab

I can't build a functional version of it with what I have :/, it is indeed faster to get on the board with the skull but I don't think that in this meta does much at all for me, since I need to oneshot things rather then chip away I'm probably better off playing a champ or a spell with that nora, the suppressor is good since it's also a nice support option, but I do believe that if firemaw dies it will be hard to defend the relic in the same position where he died, and since he is melee positioning could be an issue because I may not be able to move him in safe positions without making him useless.