Firk BG

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Swamplordoomed, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Swamplordoomed

Swamplordoomed New Member

Someone can help me with a firk Battle group?

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

3. Swamplordoomed

Thanks, GabrielQ, Very thanks.

4. GabrielQ

The ilussions from mindweaver can be used to trigger bravery on sensorate, violent on psion, they can trigger ally on savant if the enemy is the right one, they count towards psychic blast number and can be used to trigger knockback damage with psionic impact.

soulmilk likes this.
  5. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Boghopper Shaman is not a Firk

6. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

Moreover, HoO is for Tremir, so it's rather Tortun stuff, such a disgrace and disregard for the theme.

7. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

you people :D
    I dont think it was supposed to be a fully dedicated Firk BG. Of course it could be that way too but then Swamplordoomed should say that.

8. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

It was pure sarcasm from me, I must admit it. It feels awkward for me, that in the era of goodstuff BGs, someone points out one little frog in the crowd of firks.

9. GabrielQ

You can also include neuromancers if you have them, removing 1 psy sentry and 1 savant, and including tome of the arcanis somewhere to deal with immunities.

10. Swamplordoomed

I'll do some changes, later, only a base of the deck. =)

11. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I wouldnt have pointed it out if it wasnt because the OP asked for a FIRK bg.

My own Firk bg only run Firk champions. Yes it would be far more effective with some non-Firk in it, but it would stop being a Firk bg imo.

Swamplordoomed likes this.
  12. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CwxC5fChWCq-cq+CtACVcipcafcgBs6Ls84s5ts2-s73S7usHr2qrWe2ze2pE1O

The Psion's are split so it equals out to 15/17. The rage bands make Savant snowball or anyone snowball extremely hard. The 3 pings with chillshard is super effective too. I find the bg to be good if played right. Quicken can easily help you one round anything and I feel overall it's a good bg. 4 different ways to mindwaurp and some majestic in there. I can't wait for this next expassion to see what firk have next :D also I like to equip draketooth on mindshredders. Gives them nice range dmg to help out. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do :D

P.S. You can also use Draksar Marines. They combo really nicely in this bg too.

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I'm surprised that Prophet's seem to have fallen out of favor, felt like there was a time they were 2x include even outside of Firk-centric BGs, and Infiltrator still gets no love.

Perfectly reasonable for an opinion, but I think it uncommon. At least from my experiences. I've played a lot of table-top games, both miniatures and other games. Even if people included colorless artifacts (to say nothing of land) in their "mono color" M:TG deck for example they never really considered it ceasing to be "mono color." Likewise I don't think anyone really stopped considering someone as playing [insert faction here] for including Mercs/Minions in their WarmaHordes army. There are people that refuse to use them for other personal reasons including personal sensibilities similar to what you're saying, but they don't stop thinking that someone else using Mercs/Minions in their army means they aren't playing the base faction.

*shrug*

Just my experiences and thoughts, and no more a valid opinion on defining such things than your own.

All said, if someone felt the need, I've always thought that Almsgivers are quite good as well, and would make a worthy replacement for a B. Shaman in this case.

14. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

i dig it.

Skullferno likes this.
  15. Skullferno

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CwxC5fChWCq-cq+CtACVcipcafcgBs6Ls84s5ts73S7usHr2qrWe2zE2pE1O

I made 1 slight rune adjustment. Got rid of Mine Field for a second Draketooth Rifle. The Rifles equiped on any melee is a great alternative for a snipe. 35 nora for a 14 dmg 4-8 range hit. I mainly use them though on Mindshredder. The ping with argols chill bonus and now they have an actual attack. Only thing that hurts is impentrable but I rarely run into that problem when I am focusing on the game. It's not an auto equip right away, only in times of need do you use them. Great equip.

P.S. Also I suggest running Drake Rifles in Kanen. The theme lacks range and it really helps them out. It's a portable champ owned tortun land cannon with a CD of I believe 7. You may correct me if I am wrong :p

16. AmmonReros

minefield so gud Oo
    I wondered why there werent 2 in the first BG.
    Surely there isnt a lot of knockback in there at the moment but that could be easily fixed by adding Psionic Impact.

17. Skullferno

Actually firk have only 3 runes with knock back: Argol and Psion. SIxul's pull is good but, that is 4 runes for a spell that is highly unreliable. I find any player can easily remove mine field if they play smart, but of course you will always have a few lucky shots with it. I chose to replace it because, I rely more on champs. I have found out in the last 4 months that if when you are under pressure you tend to spell more and summon less which ultimately leads downhill most of the time and causes a loss. I rarely run 6-7 spells now in a BG. You can still run 1 Mine Field but, I think they are to easily detectable in most situations you try to use them in.

18. AmmonReros

Well youre supposed to use them for kills in this scenario. And less for just a hindrance.
    When I look at the spell I see 4x12 dmg on spot on X targets.

19. Skullferno

Seems like that isn't what the spell was made for and seems to abuse it's privileges a little bit. It should be reworked if you can use it to that much dmg to an extent. That to me seems broken and unfair. I have some honor, and I tend to try and keep it throughout my years of playing this game.

20. GabrielQ

minefield is nice when used a ammon says, just that, nice. The area is too big for it to be consistent enough, that's why it losed the slot in my bgs.

Skullferno likes this.