Firk Heretic Overlord

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhatTheHex, Dec 28, 2015.

1. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

This Heretic Overlord is broken when revealed before any combat ensues . The rune is virtually a potential draw win you can put in your deck on some maps. Setting off the game with a 12 nora advantage each round for your opponent, forcing you to engage asap with immense risks and a high chance of losing the game.

The problem is the global deploy of the equipment. I mean, the equip sucks in comparison to Ball and Chain, but there's no way to put that on a champ from 20 spaces across the map.

So I suggest that the first champion that comes within X-spaces of this champ gets the shackles.

He deploys it, I get weighty, I can't get in the fond? Or move at all, on a giant map? Because it gets deployed early. The rune is legitimately a pain.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Not providing any opinion on the rune, just saying: losing mid font really isn't that important, and definitely doesn't lose you the game.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  3. WhatTheHex

I gave change suggestion. Also "losing mid font really isn't that important, and definitely doesn't lose you the game." Please tell me that's sarcastic.

4. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Is it a problem champ or just not fun for you to play against? Surrendering by round 2-6 suggests the second. If pulled early it's likely to give the opponent a nora advantage, but it shouldn't be so bad that it's impossible to come back from.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Happens because equipment was changed from a buggy mess to what it is now. Previous buggy mess didn't cause this problem.

6. WhatTheHex

Yeah, it's not impossible, but a game that starts with you having a giant disadvantage because of a giant draw luck is not worth my time. It took my opponent 0 seconds to think, to out play to do anything, just hurdur deploy.

7. Tweek516

It's not sarcastic. It's true. Mid font really isn't that important.

8. WhatTheHex

I can understand it isn't necessarily auto lose, but it is important man. Like really important.

9. Tweek516

It's really not as important as you're making out.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Mmk. My main problem is when people quote posts they want removed because it attacks or mocks them. An reply to the thread as well. It means posts that need to be removed start to have pertinent information to the thread. E.G.
    I'll start cleaning. Unfortunately when people quote posts that are removed, I have to remove those posts too. We don't have true editing powers. Only removal. Makes cleanup very difficult. I'll get to it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Done. Let me know how the flow is perceived, and I'll remove my comments to finalize the clean up.

12. Tweek516

Flow of the thread is fine.

You're ovesrtimating the value of midfont, however. I believe this is one of the main problems among players, and one of the (only) weaknesses of Tiny - he cares about mid too much. Just let it go, deploy ranged, and win.

Note: still not offering any opinion on the rune itself.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You seem to be mistaken. Tiny doesn't give a firk about midfont. I've seen him play down a font and win sooooooo many times.

Woffleet likes this.
  14. Tweek516

Eh, its hard to explain my view. He's probably the best player at playing from behind, he excels in games when he loses mid. However, I think he's too reluctant to give it up on occasions (not always, just sometimes), especially as it doesn't even seem to matter in his games.

15. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Wouldn't this ability work more consistently if it was the "on two attacks that champion is equipped with X" instead?

What's that ability on the giant blue smurfet in ST?

16. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Frost overload:
    When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion is Chilled 3. If that champion is already Chilled, it is equipped with a Frost Amulet. Equipment generated by this ability costs 0 nora.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Tiny plays bgs that are hardcore curving up towards the late game every single time. He doesn't care much for mid/early game if he doesn't have to.

18. WhatTheHex

Maybe make it "When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion is loses all of its AP (and loses life equal to the ap lost). If that champion is already fatigued, it is equipped with heretic shackles. Equipment generated by this ability costs 0 nora.

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Which seems fundamentally different than how Ryv played, who played for early/mid game efficiency in most of his decks which when combined with the tactical mastery prevented the game from going to late-game with him not being ahead (or already won).

20. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Treefolk and RMH are two decks I very much recall him playing (been trying my hand at 'reviving' RMH myself). I wouldn't call either of those very early-midgame focussed.