Firk Savant

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Jonesy23, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

What upgrades do you more experienced players out there recommend for running on Savant in a FS Meta BG? He is a great ranged beater but im just having some trouble figuring out a good set of upgrades for him so that he is optimizing his use even though he is squishy when hit by attacks.

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I'm not a top player by any means, but I've been using Warrior Foe and Teleport 1. Makes him an excellent 74 nora package.

He's already 7 SPD so more teleport, while nice, isn't strictly necessary, since he can still move 8 squares, and that's often the "sweet spot" as far as quickly moving between fonts or getting far enough away from melee threats. Magic Nova never struck me as great considering how squishy he is (not like you'd want to teleport in to use it), and while Radiant Blow can be good it can often end up just as a way to have some alt damage, rather than actually providing Blind against the opponent, so the Foe helps with some of the squishiness sometimes, and it's the cheapest option.

But if a given build works for you? Go for it.

Leadrz likes this.
  3. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Warrior foe and Teleport rank of your own choosing.

4. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

Warrior foe and teleport 2. I always advise to go for teleport two as that gives you 9ap first turn which on quite a few maps gets you to the middle font when 8ap wouldn't do it. Can't remember which maps exactly but theres like 2 or 3 where a first turn savant with teleport two will give you a vast advantage.