Followers of Laerik, The Fierce - a guide to Lonx

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Pedeguerra, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You COULD make a BG without him, but would it be successful? I don't think so. Lonx only have so many range champs and ranged Aid Defense is really good.

I could see him losing Camaraderie or it getting a cost decrease.

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Lonx are a no go without cheiftain despite camaderie nerf as previously mentioned he has decent range and aid defense on ranged is nice. Also relocate ally is good.

3. Ramymanify

Ramymanify The King of Potatoes

I run one chieftain, but no Throatrend, I'm waiting for the guide to see if there's a viable BG without Throatrend and if so, what to substitute him with
    I already have one hammerfall, Azaren, Juya, Gnark, and that's about it
    Cheers

4. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

Throatrends are not required. They are actually not even that good anymore. Same thing with Bountyhunters.
    I run Ambusher (they are stupid good) and Shredders (also very good).

Edit: If Chiefs would regain Improve Range I would include Throadrends immediately again.

5. KingJad

why are you running all 3 heroes? I wouldn't run azaren in a lonx bg. 1 throatrend is auto. You should work on getting a second hammerfall lonx.

6. Mausini

Why is one Throatrent auto?

7. KingJad

Lonx throatrend can easily be stopped from getting 2 attacks off by disengaging but that doesnt change the fact that he is still one of the best beaters in lonx. 1 attack also usually has the power of 2 attacks from any other champ as well.

8. Ramymanify

Ramymanify The King of Potatoes

Azaren is cool, Besides he's got Tusk, and Tusk is a good meat shield
    and I thought every BG need to have its heroes, it's a personal approach nonetheless, and should not be taken as a build to lonx, since I am new to Pox, and I'm not a very good deck builder
    still I think that any BG I will try to make is gonna have all the heroes of the faction/split faction, it's a taboo thing

9. Mausini

You just said why Throardend is not good. But why exactly is he good?

If engaged he can do 26 damage hits with rend 1. Yes thats a lot.
    In comparison: Ambusher does just 19 damage with Heartstrike but he has Shadowspawn, no Careless, 7 speed and does cost 12... twelve nora less with pounce 2.

I dont't say that Throatrend is bad but auto? Really?
    Everything would change if Chief would regain Improve Range but until then no auto for me.

10. KingJad

Its a x1 auto include because he is again one of the best beaters in theme. You pointing out ambusher doesn't really change anything as ambusher is an auto include as well along with missionary and marauder(standby for the nerf). Id like to know which champs you are running that you can't include x1 throatrend.

Throatrend is like you said a 26 damage hit with rend 1(additional 5 damage) Also heartstrike isn't an ability you should depend on with the readiness of spot cleanse and what not. you pointed out ambusher is 12 nora less(your upgrades choices must be pretty weird) with pounce 2(not the upgrade i would take but to each his own) but those 12 points of nora is also a (if were including damage dealt from abilities like you previously did) bring 12 extra points of damage.

11. Mausini

I don't get it. Why exactly is he one of the best beaters in the theme apart from the fact that he is one of the best beaters.
    If it is only the damage everyone would run Pitdragons but they don't.

You say that Heartstrike is unreliable because of cleanse but in the same line of text you state that Rend 1 does additional 5 damage without naming cleanse.
    Again. Throatrend is not bad but sure not a autoinclude. There are Channelers, Hammerfall, Hunt Leaders, Hunters, Recruters, Gnark, Ambusher, Shredder. All of them very good or auto. How many beaters do you want to include into the theme? And most of the mentioned do offer more for the theme than pure damage.

12. KingJad

First your taking the wrong upgrades if ambusher is coming out to be 12 nora less than throatrend and I only mentioned cleanse for ambusher then after that I said if u did want to account for abilities such as heart strike that can be cleansed then lets all talk about dot (btw 3 damage will be dealt before cleanse anyway with this). Ambushers should be no more than 5-7 less nora compared to throatrend. So your getting a quick beater that has Perseverance(really good ability if you couldn't tell) an ability that grants you another guaranteed attack unless your opponent as able to field one of the few spot perseverance counters. SO Throatrend has good damage, good survivability, good speed (careless can be a problem but he still is 8 speed). So in conclusion he is definitely worth the x1 include. If you don't agree that's fine lonx still have other in theme options that are pretty good, but im positive anyone who has played lonx in a competitive manner can agree(that comes off as an insult but that's the only way I could think to put it).

13. Mausini

Is KingJad your ingame name too?

And maybe this is answering your question about the usage of Throatrend in a "competitive rank"
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/2015-02-04-top-200-meta.11261/

I can see Marauders, Hammerfalls, Channlers, Recruters, Chiefs, Tamers, Hunt Leaders, Hunters, even Adepts, Luminarys, Missionarys, Gnark
    but no Throatrend
    and no Bounty Hunters (I clarify that before you state that they are auto too).

And you are right with the upgrades of the Ambusher. I run them with 68 nora and they are great. The only reason not to run them is because all your deck slots are full with Channelers, Hammerfalls, Recruters, Tamers, Hunt Leaders, Hunters and Gnark. Thats 12 melee slots if you run just 1 Tamer.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  14. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

I run hideout and before ronin I used throatrends for suprise relocate kills, now i just use hammerfall and have no throatrends.
    I don't run any heroes and I go logistics for everything I can for kites. Kites are crazy good but I guess it all depends on playstyle and preference.

No right or wrong answer in lonx really. As a theme it can be tactically played many ways. Pretty much everyone has their own spin on it. My advice for anyone wanting to try lonx is to get the core of 2 chiefs (relocate will win games), 2 channelers and 2 marauders and experiment!

My spin on lonx-
    https://poxbase.com/deck/Cl8ChfCa5cuqClNClqC8DC3tc4is7KS7@s19s7bs2Ls13sNr30r1yrIe2PE3j

Detect is for schoolgirls. I just ignore stealth and use frigid barrier if there's a nuisance in my font.
    One missionary is for heals, one for sermon/cleanse.
    If you run logistic builds the ap gain from kites are nice. Have 2 out and marauder can deploy and shoot. Another bonus of kites are to prevent being negatively equipped cheaply since lonx have no good answers for it.

15. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Striker over gnark?

Just interested to hear your reasoning :)

16. Scarebear

Gnark is too expensive when running logistics/kite. Need to deploy deploy deploy.

If luminary was a bit cheaper I would defo run him for soften x1 over striker. Striker is kinda in my bg just because. Still a solid include without reveal.

17. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Fair enough, I like him as a quick, powerful swarmer champ

Im surprised by only a single gale and no swap, both combo well w/ recruiter

18. KingJad

Your missing x2 gale for an ST FF bg. Also your bg is built completely around 2 equips which isnt bad if you draw the equips in a timely manner. Otherwise you could easily remove a missionary, I would definitely drop x1 blizzard cloak as the cooldown is fairly short anyways. I like it tho I haven't really tried out the new equip and I definitely havent built a bg around it. You also have a lot of spell for a deck that seems to be deploy-deploy-deploy.

19. KingJad

That meta report has luminaries post nerf. Seems more like people experimenting with lonx than anything.

20. Scarebear

I would run swap if I didn't run hideout. I prefer hideout because once its out your opponent still needs to deal with it. Combined with chieftain you can pull off some crazy slingshots.

I don't think anything is auto, you play to your bg. There is no hurry on the kites, wasting even 20 nora early on an equip that doesn't prevent a kill isn't smart. It is likely I would only use one cloak in a game anyway. It'2 2x because of draw as I would typically cast it between 3rd and 4th deploy. 14 non-champs are a lot? Ok.

Shred to Sunder is easy one turning, are 2x gales really that necessary? . I run 2 gales in anything else, just not here.