Food!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Baskitkase, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Well as you probably know it's just chopped cauliflower stocks. I sautéed it in a pan with butter, then added a bit of heavy cream, sharp cheddar and worked that in. It was a light cream sauce. At the end, as I put it in a bowl I turned in an it more cheddar and some bacon I had left from the morning. It was very delish. Key is definitely getting it sautéed enough so that it's semi soft, not mushy and not too hard. I've cooked it before and didn't sautéed it enough and it wasn't very rice like. This time it was spot on. Tasted like a cheese/bacon risotto with no carbs!

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

[​IMG]

Yarborough / cucumber salad. Used cream, sugar, vinegar, grated cucumber, herbal pepper and a bit of salt.

[​IMG]

Just some cooked potatoes with the yarborough from the pic above, Provence herbs and kebab-gyros spice.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Cross-cut ribs, before:
    [​IMG]

Plus a little of this

[​IMG]

Grilled some chicken with Mexican spices too

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    BurnPyro, Tweek516 and darklord48 like this.
  4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

where do people usually shop? my family's been doing a delivery service that pulls from local farms (local here meaning from not more than 2 states away, if they can't be found in MD) as well as supplemental trips to farmers markets and local stores (trader joes, whole foods, giant. we have a bunch more, but pretty much all of that is walking distance to us)

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

Chicken on refried beans, Spanish rice and toooed with chorizo queso. Chicken spiced by tossing chicken l, tablespoon of olive oil, chili pepper, cumin, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper in a gallon bag and squishing it around.

I removed the beans and rice before I ate it though :(, no cheating!

Tweek516 and darklord48 like this.
  6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I go to Central Market. It's an HEB market style grocery store. I also go to Sprouts, Trader Joe's and various farm stands and roadside farmers markets when I can find them.

7. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Small local stores and a supermarket with ecofood.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This looks good :D

9. Sokolov

upload_2017-2-10_13-32-50.png

Creamed corn frittata (frittata is a funny word)
    Garlic Parmesan Zuchinni
    Rice (because Asian)

Tweek516 and Etherielin like this.
  10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

make a limited version of nublin pies spell with frittata instead!

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Baskitkase likes this.
  13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

This sounds extremely ********. Do u even lift?

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I was lucky at the Butcher today. They ran out of choice, so I was able to get prime Top of Iowa Sirloin for $6.99 per pound. Not a bad way to celebrate Valentine's Day.

Ohmin and SPiEkY like this.
  16. Sokolov

Dude, I had some of the best ramen at the airport in Taiwan once.

darklord48 likes this.
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Say, anyone know of a way to clone some random guy, say a TX guy who likes cooking? I am in need of a great personal chef and kidnapping brings all these legal issues with it. Not to mention the likely poisoned and probably of lesser quality cooking.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

the same way you clone anything else burns, you need a blank egg cell and inject the DNA of the subject you want a clone of, then you implant that inside a birthmother to carry to term, of course DNA degrades over time and cloning comes with some developmental issues with things not growing right ( might be related to pieces of the DNA no longer being active in grown individuals? I am not sure)

then if things go right 9 months later you will have a newborn individual with the same genotype as your subject.
    of course this does not guarantee this baby will have the same fenotype as that could be affected by enviromental factors. it will also be pretty much a newborn and not have the memory, skills, and experience of your subject and no guarantee that the clone will develop its skillset in the same way.

conclusion: easier to get a regular baby, far easier to kidnap, easiest just to find another cheff.

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

A copy is never as good as the original. Perhaps Baskitkase would provide you room and board in exchange for work around his house.

20. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Have you considered offering them reasonable pay?

SPiEkY likes this.