For old times sake

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnomes, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Hurrah! Old school rules!

3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

This video just makes me feel really sad. I wish i could go back in time and play Pox again when the game was much more active. Im not a fan of powercreep but id take it if it meant i could have a healthy active playerbase.

https://media.giphy.com/media/eIPM3j6YXHKXC/giphy.gif

soulmilk likes this.
  4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Awesome. The host is awesome - is it you?

I love the bases, I can't lie. We should bring them back. And the slow movement lol

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Heh, you of all people dice would not like old pox.

If anyone is the type of person to get bent out of shape about balance then pox back then was not the game for you, the majority of games we played back then was heavily lopsided by simply who went first on what map.

And while I'm not a fan of having those shitty maps back I'd give anything to play that game again.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  6. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

actually the pox version right after they got rid of auto wins on who went first. Champs could do some stuff and you could get some fun strategies out quickly. Dice would get carpal tunnel from crying out all of the nerf calls

7. DiCEM0nEY

Oh I actually played old pox, I remember when grimlics descent came out. But I quit then because it was far too pay to win, and expensive. I didn't bother to get into pox competitively.

I liked the art style is all I meant. What actually got me back into pox was my ps vita, ironically.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  8. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

WHAT!?

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

It was pay play when Grimlic's Descent came out. The game wasn't F2P yet.

10. DiCEM0nEY

Yeah but you would have had to spend so much money to make a competitive deck. I had already spent 10$ for an avatar and like 20$ for a starter pack. That's 30$, and I didn't even have a competitive deck.

I've probably spent about 110 dollars on TES legends, but I have very competitive decks. I consider that game very expensive as well, but pox was insane. Even urban rivals at the time didn't feel expensive, and I ended up probably spending 800$ on that game in a 4 year period lol

11. calisk

When I started most decks were ridiculously priced and this was in the sp expansion.

Things like much lich king was like 80 dollars each, harbs were in most top decks at 200-500 depending on faction.

I mean it was seriously expensive to buy your deck back then but it was fun to stalk trade forums looking for a deal.

But ya the feeling when you did get that LK or Harb and began to trounce with it, was pretty much unmatched to anything currently now, unbalanced game with a small set of runes meant the fetch runes were truly unique, and they subscribed to the idea that exotics were supposed to be strong as hell...not just slightly more interesting regular runes.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Anima26, xaznsoulx and MaruXV like this.
  12. DiCEM0nEY

Yes, that is what many games do unfortunately, such as tes legends with legendaries. It really waters down the gameplay and following of the game imo.

13. Eadbusta

Eadbusta I need me some PIE!

Those stats on that tyrant! I remembered him being strong, but damn! Also, bases <3

14. calisk

Heh well I'll be honest the only reason I am an ST player and not an fw player was st had the cheaper runes by a significant amount back then.

I mean jakei elder and Jake frost queen were our most expensive champs and were around 15-20 each mean while fw had 80-115 dollar LKs, 20 dollar dark knights, unholy tomb at 30, tome of hate at 30, mobil at 15 each, and more heh....

Honestly if ìt wasn't for st being new and unpopular I could of just as easily been playing any other faction.

Axeraiser and xaznsoulx like this.
  15. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Yeah FW was always the most expensive , first turn Ravagers with init 2 (7ap on deploy automatically) were insane especially on SL map due to leap 3 enabling to get the font and capture opponents on following turn , the game was super draw win but damn it was fun

16. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

The real question is...How will the trading scene look now that poxbox is closed. I don't see any other stores. There are inactive people, hoarders, and sharks. What is going to be the new standard for rune values etc.?

17. calisk

no idea really, i can guess but ultimately the low population is unpredictable, in these matters.

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i think it will purely be a matter of i want this i have X

no stupid arbitrary values from a random guy riding off the back of a game for easy profits

19. calisk

heh the "arbitrary prices" existed before trading shops and will exist again....unless the community is so low that nobody trades much at all, and it becomes a trading system that occurs mostly between guilds and friends.

at the end of the day like any free market, supply will dictate demand players will offer up x and if it's in demand they will get offered significantly more runes, but at the end of the day our population may be to small for much demand to even exist.

20. greed4blood

greed4blood The King of Potatoes

i dont get it... the supply is infinite with the shard sistem. Am i wrong? why would you trade with people when you can just shard your runes.

also on topic wow the fanatic and balefire had like 5 more abilities than they have now.
    Oh and scry! god i loved scry and hate the new fricking thing.